VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal status

Rate this topic

demeat

Yea I was puzzled about that, I wasn't sure how they calculated this.  Both increases happened within a day apart.  The older one which was the migraines was imputed today and the newer one was implemented into the system yesterday.  The pending amount kinda discouraged me because I was expecting back pay for the migraines which was the older appeal from 2007.  I know the va does some sneaky stuff so I am curious on how they came about this amount 

I will add, if the original 2007 claim was not interrupted and went thru the appeal process, then you should receive a retro payment of 10% (due to going from 80% to 90%) going back to 2007. I would thoroughly investigate how they came about 2 months retro at 10%

• HadIt.com Elder

you should get back pay from the 2007 date  NOD THE EED.

2 months  there short changing you ! fight for what you deserve my friend.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe the 90% is correct  because the extra 10% increase is not enough to move up

It's  Unfortunate  but to get to the 100%  you will need an additional 50%increase. this would be a 95% rating which they would give the 100% rating at that point.

This is just my opinion  but

After an Original  S.C. Rating, if your below the 100% they make it hard for a veteran to reach the 100% probably b/c the big difference in payment and benefits.

so for a veteran to reach the 100% just keep adding to your % it will add up and be combined  for  each 10% rating accounts for only 1 PERCENT as for as moving up the latter   so a veteran needs big % increase to get higher ratings.

I will definitely check on that.  They did call me this morning and i will get be getting to deposits, one for the claim that i was just granted and the other one is for the appeal from 2007.  It seems a little bit low but i asked the lawyer to check on this.  I was assuming it would be more, for the time being i will be mellow for a second  but i will definitely still make a fuss over it.  10 years is such a long time.  

I will tell you this though, I cant stress enough how to my surprise the speed it took to push this thru once i emailed the Director of the regional office, yet it is sad that i emailed the Secretary of the VA twice and have yet to receive an email back. 

Today is definitely a day to be happy  about. 

The only easy day was yesterday -- NAVY SEALS

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use