VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to Get VA TDIU - from Veterans Law Blog

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

Excellent post.

Wish I would have had this done when I submitted my TDIU claim.

Think I could have avoided the appeals process for TDIU.

Will definitely do this after my claims file reaches me.

Tired of multiple C&P examiners knowingly falsifying information on my DBQs.

Forces me to hire doctors for a fair evaluation and medical opinions.

I have had only one out of four C&P examiners that was honest and played by the rules.

The other three were/are liars.

I have bought several ebooks from Chris Attig and I believe he knows his stuff and actually cares.  Tried to hire him, but after 5 or 6 attempts at contact with him or his staff, I never heard back.  An attorney is only as good as his support staff.  Damn shame that I couldn't get follow up from them.   I don't need another group or person to ignore me or my attempts to get help, the DAV and the VA already do that.  

• HadIt.com Elder

This is strange you never heard back from Chris or his staff?

Chris is a Well Respected Experienced VA Attorney  and most Veterans respect him, I never hired him  but I sure use his Advise.

I believe he is a hadit member   try the PM future here on Hadit.

if you need a great Attorney keep trying to contact him. 

jmo

Yes, Chris Attig is a member here.

Great lawyer. Have you told us here in past posts what your issues are? Were you denied?

I too was very impressed with Chris Attig and had become a premium member of VLB and bought some ebooks.  I still don't understand why even after repeatedly calling, leaving messages, even on Chris Attig's extension,  I  never heard back.

I had been turned down by the VA after submitting claims that included Major Depression (which was diagnosed on active duty), Severe Anxiety, Sleep Apnea, BPPV, AND MORE.  The VA claimed that there was no service connection for Depression and went on to say that it was part of a personality, (not diagnosed by anyone, ever), and therefore, I was doubly out of luck.  Their response was sent back to me less than 90 days after the filing. (That seems to be a way to clear the backlog, just turn them down.)

I had the help of the DAV in NC, but they only had 2 people doing claims for the entire state, in the state office in Winston-Salem NC.  Co-located in the VA building, using the VA phone and email system no less.  Sorry, but that smells fishy to me.  The DAV volunteer who helped me with my claim was cracker jack though.  The DAV in W-S, not so much.

I still can't understand why no response from Chris Attig.  At least the VA & DAV return phone calls.  It may take 2 or 3 months but they would get back to me.

If I have to beg someone for help AND pay them too, maybe I dodged a a bullet. 

You realize that when you contact Attig Law, you're not going to be talking directly with Chris Attig, right?

I've ben a fan of C Attig since early 2010, while waiting on a DRO Hearing. Bought a couple of his E-Books that helped with my eventual 06/14 Awards.

A friend had BVA Hearing pending for about 3 Yrs when he decided to dump his VSO Representation. I had him contact Attig Law even though I didn't think his 6 yrs of a possible ED Award would be of financial interest to the firm. After going through the Phone pre-screening with a Jr Associate, another Attig Sr lawyer said they were too busy and would have to beg off, wished him well.

From jump, I had addressed the Low Retro Problem with him but I felt bad that Attig's firm seemed to give him the Bums Rush. Next, I suggested that he contact the Vet Legal Consortium in DC for a possible Pro Bono Representation. He did, VLC did and lost at the BVA end of 15. VLC repped him at the CAVC and obtained a Remand 05/16. VLC also received about $18K awarded as Legal Fees to be paid directly by the VA.

My Friend eventually got the ED Award end of 16 and received about $8K in Retro.

I would suggest you do as I did in 01/14, contact (2) Nationally Advertised VA Firms and at least (1) local VA Lawyer for a face to face. I can't say I was all that impressed with the Big Advertisers, the local Lawyer would have been my choice had I decided to Lawyer Up.

Semper Fi