VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another PTSD exam? Already 70% SC'd! What!?

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi All,

Filed a claim in 2016 for a few increases and a secondary claim for Agoraphobia.

I am already rated 70% for PTSD that includes panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. 

My claim went to gathering of evidence from Prep for decision. I had 2 other exams for this claim, one for my testicles and the other for hearing. It appears they forgot the 3rd C&P exam for agoraphobia?

After speaking with the VA, they told me I have another exam regarding PTSD. Does anyone think because I asked for agoraphobia as a secondary condition to PTSD is why they're requesting another C&P? I was SC'd in 2010 for PTSD.

Thanks!!

18 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

SecurityForces03

You need to be 100% or TDIU P&T  And then for SMC Qualifications Criteria you need to have another S.C. Disability separate  from the original disability and rated at least 60%  to meet the SMC -S Criteria.  House Bound in fact.

Some say when a Veteran is awarded TDIU W/P&T  They are suppose to inferred the SMC-S because the Veteran can't leave home to work...I never knew about this Regulations  so I can't comment on it.

I disagree with it....not that it shouldn't be that way  but I don't know the Regs about it? if its true then hell yeah apply for TDIU  P&T if your S.C. Disability keeps you from working?

If they increase my PTSD, specifically due to the Agoraphobia claim I have, I would go to 100% I would assume. I'm rated 70% for PTSD. 

I'm scheduled for PTSD exam for the agoraphobia claim. Not sure if it's a whole new PTSD exam, or maybe just for the agoraphobia claim. 

I wonder if agoraphobia would affect an SMC-S claim for being house bound. If I go up to 100% PTSD, I would also get SMC-S I would assume since my testicular issue is already at 60%, which I guess I may get increases as well. 

Im 90% currently, with SMC-K.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes you are correct  if you get increase on your PTSD TO 100% & you have another S.C. Disability at 60% that is not expected to improve in your life time and the severity of the disability  you should get the SMC-S

Actually SMC  is not a claim. It is an entitlement based on your physical circumstances. 

SMC K is usually S.C. but rated at 0% and pays in addition to what you already have  around 103 Month.  the SMC S  H.B. in fact pays a lot better around 347 month with spouse.

Edited by Buck52

5 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

yes you are correct  if you get increase on your PTSD TO 100% & you have another S.C. Disability at 60% that is not expected to improve in your life time and the severity of the disability  you should get the SMC-S

Actually SMC  is not a claim. It is an entitlement based on your physical circumstances. 

SMC K is usually S.C. but rated at 0% and pays in addition to what you already have  around 103 Month.  the SMC S  H.B. in fact pays a lot better around 347 month with spouse.

Gotcha. Thank you.

So I would go to the 100% rating plus a few extra hundred bucks, 347 to be exact on top of the married at 100% rating? 

Thanks for being so helpful!

• HadIt.com Elder

yes it would all would be added to your comp you get now, I think the SMC K is paid separate and on the 3rd of each month, you can check e benefits  payments  scheduled and see how they pay out your SMC's

Most are paid with your original disability  like SMC-S H.B.   But the SMC -K is paid separate and usually on the 3rd of each month.

33 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

yes it would all would be added to your comp you get now, I think the SMC K is paid separate and on the 3rd of each month, you can check e benefits  payments  scheduled and see how they pay out your SMC's

Most are paid with your original disability  like SMC-S H.B.   But the SMC -K is paid separate and usually on the 3rd of each month.

Thank you. So, if I get increased to 100% PTSD, I should also receive SMC-S automatically since one of my other disabilities is over 60%? 

My other question is, what if my other items get increased as well!? I would be over 100%, not solely on PTSD alone. 

Id still like to try and work part time. Note, my SMC-K is paid with my 90% rating at the same time. If I am SMC-S, is that 100% rating plus the few hundred dollars correct?

Thanks buck!

• HadIt.com Elder

NO if your 90%combined and inferred the SMC S your rating is still considered to be a 90%combined rating, you will need an extra 50% rating to boost your 90% combined rating to the 100%

Getting SMC Does not increase your ratings

Remember SMC is not a claim its an entitlement based on the physical and mental condition of your severe S.C. Condition  (separate condition)

Here is a run down on the SMC Criteria and pay scale.

:Note this pay scale may not be up to date of 2016 , but may give you an Ideal

http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits/special-monthly-compensation-smc-tables.html

Edited by Buck52