VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another PTSD exam? Already 70% SC'd! What!?

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi All,

Filed a claim in 2016 for a few increases and a secondary claim for Agoraphobia.

I am already rated 70% for PTSD that includes panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. 

My claim went to gathering of evidence from Prep for decision. I had 2 other exams for this claim, one for my testicles and the other for hearing. It appears they forgot the 3rd C&P exam for agoraphobia?

After speaking with the VA, they told me I have another exam regarding PTSD. Does anyone think because I asked for agoraphobia as a secondary condition to PTSD is why they're requesting another C&P? I was SC'd in 2010 for PTSD.

Thanks!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes if you have not been using the VA and not shared your private medical information with the VA  Sounds like they want to see if you have improved and reduce your benefits.

a lot of it depends on the C&P Examiner, if I was you I would be submitting those private medical records to the VA, or take them as evidence to your C&P Exam  to show ''no'' improvements on your S.C. Disability & what and why your claiming the agoraphobia.

30 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Yes if you have not been using the VA and not shared your private medical information with the VA  Sounds like they want to see if you have improved and reduce your benefits.

a lot of it depends on the C&P Examiner, if I was you I would be submitting those private medical records to the VA, or take them as evidence to your C&P Exam  to show ''no'' improvements on your S.C. Disability & what and why your claiming the agoraphobia.

If I've applied for an increase, or a condition secondary to PTSD(agoraphobia), could they reduce my rating? This was originally for an increase, I think it would be wrong if they decreased. I'm at 70% PTSD, kind of a big crossroad.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes they sure can  this is why veterans need to use the VA OR Report/share their private medical records with the VA

11 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

yes they sure can  this is why veterans need to use the VA OR Report/share their private medical records with the VA

Wow, that would be terrible to go in for an increase then find out they're dropping you a percentage.

• HadIt.com Elder

well I'm not saying they will reduce you just because you apply for an Increase...its just that the VA likes to keep up with our conditions from time to time  and when they can't get any information via VA Medical records or private   they assume the veteran disability's have improved.

so they send a proposal to reduce benefits, you don't need to worry about that until it happens and if it happens,  this is just my opinion and possibilities of what could happen.

9 hours ago, Buck52 said:

well I'm not saying they will reduce you just because you apply for an Increase...its just that the VA likes to keep up with our conditions from time to time  and when they can't get any information via VA Medical records or private   they assume the veteran disability's have improved.

so they send a proposal to reduce benefits, you don't need to worry about that until it happens and if it happens,  this is just my opinion and possibilities of what could happen.

Any suggestion since this is for an increase? I'll bring my list of medications to my appointment. I'll just see what happens!