VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just a rant...for what it's worth

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Veterans are informed that there is a penalty of prosecution for making false statements to obtain VA benefits.

I have personally experienced bad C&P examiners who intentionally falsified information on my DBQs with no threat of prosecution by the government.

It's just business as usual to them.

Been there.  After an examiner stated my disability had a significant effect on my employment my next two exams were scheduled at a different VA hospital.  Two examiners said my disability was not service connected.  They attempted a severance until they found out it was a protected service connection.  The next exam on a remand the neurologist I had seen before was rude and condescending and said I was malingering.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 4/24/2017 at 8:35 AM, 63Charlie said:

Veterans are informed that there is a penalty of prosecution for making false statements to obtain VA benefits.

I have personally experienced bad C&P examiners who intentionally falsified information on my DBQs with no threat of prosecution by the government.

It's just business as usual to them.

Reminds me of my C&P exam back the 90's. The neuro doc was eating a giant hoagie sandwich while performing the exam with one hand. Half of the details failed to find their way into his report.

On 5/11/2017 at 8:16 PM, vetquest said:

Been there.  After an examiner stated my disability had a significant effect on my employment my next two exams were scheduled at a different VA hospital.  Two examiners said my disability was not service connected.  They attempted a severance until they found out it was a protected service connection.  The next exam on a remand the neurologist I had seen before was rude and condescending and said I was malingering.  

When they were trying to say that your condition wasn't service connected were you filing for an increase or IU? If it was just for an increase, why in the world would they even be giving an opinion on something that was already deemed as service connected. Sounds crazy 

• HadIt.com Elder

The whole VA is Crazy

• HadIt.com Elder

I found by experience  at a C&P Exam( for increase especially)   some of the examiners are not pro veteran  and if you watch their body language as they talk to you & say things like   ' I see you are here for an Increase on your disability'' or  Now it's not me who makes the decision''   ect,,,ect,,, in general things like that.

you can bet your gonna have a botched up C&P

Why some VA Examiners are like this  is beyond me.   ....>Just A.O.'s 

JMO

Edited by Buck52

Did you ever take to task, the C & P Examiners that "Lied/Falsified" regarding your C & P Exam Documents/DBQ's? Having an accusation of "Malingering" placed in any official Record is very serious and should be addressed.

No formal complaint filed, doesn't help the next Vet in Line. Enough Vet filed allegations, could result in the Dr's removal from the C & P equation.

Semper Fi