VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question on NOD process.

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

I filed a NOD via a "de novo" review by a Decision Review Officer (DRO) back in 2015. I filed the NOD because the VA denied my claims for failure to show up for C&P exams. (Never received notice of exam dates). No Statement of the Case [SOC] received.  JAN of 2017 received notice of C&P exams; I went to the C&P exams. From what I understand, at some point, I should receive a Statement of the Case [SOC].  So far, at no point have I received a SOC from the VA. My address has not changed.

My question is, what is the next step in the above described NOD process? Can the DRO just turn back on the claim process without me having to go to a DRO Hearing? Or, is the next step where I receive a SOC, and then I have to decide on either a DRO Hearing, or a BVA.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I think I found the answer to this.

The decision officer can send individual claims directly to the rating team (If everything looks good) or all or some of these claims can go to the appeals board. It all depends on the decision officer and how they interpret the supporting data in my claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

check out the M-21 MR Part III Subpart v 7A 5 K