VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What to expect?

Rate this question

vetquest

Question

I am on my second remand at BOVA.  I was awarded UI 100% as of 2013 with a note that a reduction in rating hearing will be held 8-17.  I am requesting UI as of 2007 since this is when I lost my job.  I have two civilian neurologists who have stated my service connected disabilities caused the loss of my employment.  This is supported by lay evidence by managers at my previous employment.  Most recently the V.A. neurologist stated I am malingering, this after he stated my service connected disability needed severance.  Severance did not occur because it was a protected rating.  The local V.A. states that there was no evidence I could not work.  I have SS disability as of the date I lost my job due to my service connected disability.  I hired a lawyer after it became apparent that the V.A. was not following their own laws.

Can I expect a fair hearing at the Board of Veteran's Appeals?  My case is now with a law judge.  I know that the V.A. decisions are supposed to be non adversarial but I have had some really bad experiences with the local office in the past ten years. 

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet