VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I request a female doctor, specifically a gyn?

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

I received a phone call from QTC for my cp exam for female sexual arousal disorder, they wanted to schedule me with this gp doctor who is a male for a pap with, I said no, they had to find me a female doctor.  This is something normal to ask for right?  I thought it was absurd they were asking me to go for that type of an exam with a male provider.  There are many things I don't mind a male provider for but not this. 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

.  I dont know if they have a female available.  Its likely going to result in delaying your claim.  Its up to you to decide what is more important..completing the exam quickly or getting a female doc.  Its always a tradeoff.  

I dont know if they have a female available.  Its likely going to result in delaying your claim.  Its up to you to decide what is more important..completing the exam quickly or getting a female doc.  Its always a tradeoff.  

Remember, they wont be taking pictures of you, and, also know that dozens of people of either sex will be reading the exam.  

Whenever you apply for benefits, the VA wants to know more about you than what your mother knows, and she knows everything.  

I honestly wouldn't be putting up a fuss but I had this jerk for a qtc exam once and no way is he going to be anywhere near me naked.  I have a cp exam for mh this week at our VA  CP facility, they have plenty of women providers, so I am confused as to why this is being sent out.  I don't care if I have to wait at all.  I would rather wait or drive 3 hours there than see some weird guy like him for a female exam.  I have had more female cp examiners through the VA than men, honestly I think I have had maybe one within the VA that was a man.  I typically don't care but this  guy was sketchy, seriously sketchy.  As soon as the qtc appointment scheduler  mentioned him I was like absolutely NO.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't blame you seminoles, my spouse is the same way  not that she minds a Male Doc  but in her words a female Dr knows  the female best.

I believe you can get a female  examiner & it should not delay your claim b/c they have  them too especially for a  C&P F.S.A.D. Claim. & besides I was thinking a female had to be present with the Male Dr ?Maybe not but usually private sector they usually do.

22 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I don't blame you seminoles, my spouse is the same way  not that she minds a Male Doc  but in her words a female Dr knows  the female best.

I believe you can get a female  examiner & it should not delay your claim b/c they have  them too especially for a  C&P F.S.A.D. Claim. & besides I was thinking a female had to be present with the Male Dr ?Maybe not but usually private sector they usually do.

I should have mentioned that the rest of my claim has been decided, they deferred 3 things, this being one of them ;) 

• HadIt.com Elder

yes mam you can  just give your reason why..as your not comfortable with a Male Dr  Even if he is a gyn.  this should be your choice not the VA.