VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE Form 9 Dates

Rate this question

marina53

Question

My husband filed a Form 9 over 2 years ago to the Denver Regional Office. He still has not received a docket number. Calling up there is useless. Is there any way to find out what dates the Regional Office is processing for docket numbers and sending on to the BVA? And is there anyway to make sure that they haven't LOST the Form 9, as they have lost documents in the past. Thanks in advance for any advice!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Excellent questions!

First thing I would check to see if the claim is on ebenefits.  If it does not show up there, then that is a concern.  

Where did you mail the completed I9?? Do you have a record of mailing it?  Experienced people (with VA claims) almost always send it certified mail return receipt requested.  l

Unless you have "proof of mailing" then you are pretty much out of luck if VA says, "gee we have no record of your I9."

Next to denial and delay, VA's favorite "budget builder" is to lose your claim.  Its easy for them to do, and they have someone standing by to blame, "the Vet".  

Another very real possibility is the VARO or your VSO is "sitting" on your appeal.  Do you have a VSO and hav e you contacted them about it?  

After you have tried the above, try an IRIS email.  

Thank you for your reply! We know the Form9 actually made it to Denver. It does show up on ebenefits and was acknowledged by them. But it has been sitting there since March 2015. So I guess I'm questioning if it has been lost or how long does it really take to get it assigned a docket number and forwarded on to Washington? We'll try the IRIS email, but I am sure they will redirect us back to Denver. We have been to the Denver Regional Office and how anything does NOT get lost there is a mystery as there are just stacks and stacks of files on desks, in boxes, on the floor, etc.  He does have a VSO, he can contact him and maybe he will be able to find out, although everyone tells him to be patient, but it has already been over 2 years and this CUE goes back to 1979, 1969 if you want to count date of occurrence. That's almost 50 years!!!

• Founder

Currently, the Board is generally distributing cases to Veterans Law Judges for adjudication with docket dates up to June 2013.  

Board of Veterans Appeals

By Phone:        1-800-923-8387 (Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Eastern)

By Mail:            Board of Veterans’ Appeals

P.O. Box 27063 

Washington, DC 20038

By Fax:             (202) 495-6803 

By E-mail:        For a status report on your claim before the Board click Ask a Question.  In your email please be sure to include your name, file number and specific request.  PLEASE NOTE that we respond to every e-mail and e-mails are answered in the order in which they are received.  We may request verifying information to protect the privacy of our Veterans.  

NOTE:              If your claim is not before the Board, please contact your local Regional Office (RO).Helpful Information

• Currently, the Board is generally distributing cases to Veterans Law Judges for adjudication with docket dates up to June 2013.  
  • Once Board issues a decision  (including a remand), we no longer have the authority to act on the appeal.  Contact AMC via email at dir.vbaamc@va.gov or call 1-800-827-1000, your RO or your representative (if you have one to advocate on your behalf).  If your residence is in a foreign country, contact the VBA Foreign Service Program.
  • If you would like to have a hearing before a VLJ, consider requesting a video hearing. Please keep in mind that a Board hearing is entirely optional, and it is not necessary for you to have a hearing for the Board to decide your appeal. Hearings often increase wait time for a Board decision.