VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About C&P Comment

Rate this question

Shake-n-Bake

Question

I was recently rated at 60%, about a month ago, 50% of which is for PTSD. The notes/results from my C&P exams never showed up on myHealtheVet, even when my claim was closed out, up until today. So, I'd already started drawing my compensation before I'd ever known, or seen, exactly what was in my C&P results. All I knew is that my claims were awarded.

So, today I'm reading the results from my Mental Health C&P Exam and it says that I have PTSD and Moderate Depression Disorder as a secondary result. Of course, there is only one combined mental health rating and it's 50%, like I already mentioned. In reading the notes about this, the following section caught my attention:

"Medical diagnoses relevant to the understanding or management of the Mental Health Disorder (to include TBI):sleep apnea"

What is the significance of this statement in my C&P Exam? I was, in fact, diagnosed with sleep apnea late last year. The diagnosis was done by the VA and I was prescribed a CPAP machine. I have already registered an Intent to File for Sleep Apnea Secondary to PTSD, but haven't filed the actual claim yet. Does this statement in my Mental Health C&P add weight to my upcoming claim for sleep apnea secondary to PTSD? Seems like kind of a back door admission by the VA's C&P examiner that the two are connected, or am I being too optimistic in my reading of that?

Edited by Shake-n-Bake

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question