VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is DRO worth it anymore?

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

The Indianapolis RO called me after I emailed the secretary and said I still had 2 years left until my DRO review is even looked at. At that point we're taking 3 years for DRO review. The lady said they are getting swamped with NODs. So if you put in an NOD now I would say 4-5 years to even be looked at. For a decision 5-6 years is a midrange estimate.

At this point is a DRO worth it or should a vet just go traditional route?

I too had a DRO review success, but  I pointed out a low ball rating with the correct cfr 38 reg.

All other review was continued denied.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe it is the Luck of the draw of the DRO you get..some DRO 's are A HOLES..And some will help the veteran get what he deserves  and some don't like to READ.

Its always better and usually faster to get your claim settled at your R.O.

TAKE A CHANCE ON A DRO, TAKE A CHANCE ON THE BVA.....your choice.

if you have probative evidence to prove your claim  choosing a DRO would be my choice.

Buck, Right You Are. The old "Luck of the Draw" and the "Fickel Finger of Fate" are always lurking around, ready to help or trip us up.

That's why we read about "Judge Shopping" in Civil Litigation.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember a hadit member was all excited to get her DRO Hearing  at her R.O. and take her new & material evidence although she submitted most of it through e benefits,

she was all ready to face the DRO...Well when she got there at the R.O.

They new of nothing about her scheduled Hearing....So she showed them her letter and dates  and they called in  DRO to hear her case, her original DRO that had been pick to work her case had read up on her case and was  very  familure  with it was not there on vacation, or something of this Nature  I call it BS, Anyway she sit down with this new DRO and the DRO KNEW NOTHING ABOUT HER CASE.

it eneded up being the DRO would notify her of a decision  that he needed to read  up on her case some more and she would be contacted within 60 days.....60 days rolled around and nothing from this DRO , she had to request another DRO Hearing  and got her original DRO The one that had known about her case in the first place  and this RO gave her everything every contention she had and back dated it to its EED.

Some times mess ups like this  do ocure but suppse to be getting better, its been almost 15 years since I had my Last DRO Hearing  luckly for me I got  friendly and humorous DRO.

If you get a chance for a DRO Hearing  you need to take it  and just see what happens  if you go there well perpared  the chances are you will get what you wanted and more.

but there's also a chance you will not  no matter what evidence you have or if your case is well grounded  some DRO's has a way of cutting that all to pieces  if you don't know what your doing.

L, when did you submit the VA Mandatory New & Material Evidence to qualify for the DRO Review?

What was the DRO's Decision and DATE? How many Appealed Issues?

Generally, the actual DRO Award or Denial letter can take 4+ months after the Decision, to arrive. Retro Deposits usually hit 2 to 3 months before the Award Letter arrives.

DRO Denial Decisions could take longer to arrive due to the need for a SOC or SSOC to be included.

Semper Fi