VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctor Shopping?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I have seen a lot of post about doctor shopping, but where do you find any information for the code of regularions governing this.

If is happens to you, how do you prove it?

Thanks,

Josephine

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest fla_viking

josephine.

The court ruled the VA cannot hire other Dr for the purpous of dismissing another medical opnion unless fraud or outside the medical pratices is proven. There were some extrem exampels of the VA fishing expiditons and redoing again and again exams and reviews. There is some court ruleings on this fraud type pratice.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry,

What would be the best means of proving this.?

I had one C&P with correct diagnosis - generalized anxiety disorder non- specific with depression, backed up with 42 years of medical treatment for same.

C&P - Va. PhD Psychologist - diagnosis - generalized anxiety disorder non - specific with depression.

More than Likely began in service.

I began the same medication of Librium in 1967, as I took in service in 1964, and diagnosed with same. Being pregnant the year of 1965-1966, being the closeness of the two most likely a result of service, having two psychiatric consulations before discharge makes it even more plausible.

5 months later the DRO ordered a Board of Two Psychiatrist - Axix 1 Anxiety non Specific - Axis 2 - borderline personality disorder.

It is the Boards opinion she appears to have symptoms primarily of a personality disorder and appears that her anxiety with depression did not begin in service or worsen.

The R. O Decision:

We place our weight with the Psychiatrist as they are Psychiatrist.

If the Va will over-rule a Psychologist or any other party doing the C&P, why don't they get rid of all of their Psychologist, Nurse Practioners and anyone that is not an M.D. to do the C&P?

Why wasn't the first Psychologist on the Board to make three?

When I wrote my letter to the BVA the first thing that I stated, " I was sent to the Board of Two seeking a denial".

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Guest fla_viking

Josphine

I feel the VA is scaming you. If you can get a VA psychitrist to support your claim or get an IMO then you debunk there one upsmanship. None the less the law still requires them to prove fruad or beyound standard medical pratices. I think you could prove that against the VA at this point. How long did those Dr examine you that came up with the personality disorder? And they did this for the soul purpous of cutting your benifits? That speaks voulumes in and of itself.

If you cant afford an IMO or get a VA Dr to refute them. Go on appeal with what you have. and let your medical records themselfs show there is no substance to the VA denals.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder
I feel the VA is scaming you. If you can get a VA psychitrist to support your claim or get an IMO then you debunk there one upsmanship. None the less the law still requires them to prove fruad or beyound standard medical pratices. I think you could prove that against the VA at this point. How long did those Dr examine you that came up with the personality disorder? And they did this for the soul purpous of cutting your benifits? That speaks voulumes in and of itself.

If you cant afford an IMO or get a VA Dr to refute them. Go on appeal with what you have. and let your medical records themselfs show there is no substance to the VA denals.

Terry,

I could afford an IMO, but I have let my medical records of 42 years speak for themselves. I also contacted Dr. C. my treating doctor in service, for clarifcation of his records and have used my own Board Certified Internist of 29 years to go against them.

Within the 42 years of treatment there are doctors, graduated from Harvard Medical School, that treated me for anxiety and a private psychiatrist.

I came across my own Internist, as too many other medical condtion arose from the anxiety.

Dr. Muller the Va. Psychologist agreed with the treatment of my Internist.

I spent 15 typed pages - rebuttal against that C&P and hope to prevail against them.

If I should receive a neg from the VBA, which I expect an answer in February, then I planned to use the 3 months to secure an IMO.

I contacted the organization at the heading of Had-it www.medopinions.com and they have called me back.

I am trusting the BVA will not take this claim much further.

Thanks and have a Wonderful Christmas,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine

I would get the IMO today and not waste months waiting on the BVA or anyone else. Don't expect your medical records to speak for themselves.