VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE Claim for Migraines & Lower Back Condition

Rate this question

LT Haylo

Question

Hello fellow Vets,

So today I began my journey of filing my first CUE claim with the help of my VSO. I've been rated appropriately for my Migraines (50%) and my lower back condition with sciatica to left and right leg (Combined 40%) over the past several months. The goal now is that I'm challenging the effective date for these conditions to my separation date of 6/30/2014. I was originally denied my back claim and rated 0% for Migraines. I've proven my back claim was service connected and wrongfully initially denied. The challenge will be getting my Migraine effective date changed but I'm hopeful. The VA has pushed back every step of the way! I'm going to do my best to keep a timeline of events and keep everyone posted with my claims progress. Wish me luck!!! 

05/09- CUE claim filed

5/18- Preparation for Decision 

Edited by LT Haylo

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you are still within the appeal window, that might be another route to request an earlier effective date. I wonder if it might be possible to send a separate appeal in addition to your CUE. Perhaps one gets finished correctly and you cancel the other claim. I never tried this, but it might be an option.

Keep in mind that the VA is famous for getting things wrong on initial claims. Getting an accurate rating and EED often happens most on appeals.

Please keep in mind that I am not a CUE expert, but there are many good CUE experts here at Hadit.