VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. David Anaise or Dr. Craig Bash for a IMO

Rate this question

Bobalou

Question

As I mentioned before, I used both Dr. Ellis and Dr. Anaise.  Dr. Ellis performed an actual examination and provided an IME/IMO, and Dr. Anaise did a full records review of everything, including Dr. Ellis’ own IMO.

Drive-out cost for a baker’s dozen, plus a couple of conditions:

Dr. Ellis - $550 (It included a full blown exam.  I had to mail off all of my documents to him in advance, which was no real problem thanks to the U.S.P.S.  Great staff, and a free sucker (lollipop for those inquiring) when I checked out.)  They maintained contact with me throughout the process until I received my final IME/IMO draft.  Yes, they will correct mistakes or note something for you if you ask nicely.

Dr. Anaise - $2K (I e-mailed most all of my documentation to his office, and only had maybe two phone calls.  The staff there, consisting of at least one more doctor...maybe more, are efficient.  They are pretty much business only, but he writes a great IMO.)  They will also go back and forth with you via e-mail to proof your final draft.

My Oncologist....$25 co-pay, rest covered by my health insurance.  He did a short and sweet IMO based on records and his 20 years of treating me.

A friendly East Texas Audiologist - $40 - She did a one-pager IMO after doing a round of audiology exams on me.

Throught it all, the VA sent me to three different full blown C&P’s and two Audiology C&P’s.

The process has been slow, and the VARO ignored everything they could ignore as I climbed up from 10, 20 and then 80% (The last big jump was due to a new condition that the VARO actually approved right out of the chute.  I’m still amazed.)

Now, reading the BVA’s recent decision, which granted 12 conditions and remanded two, I see that the Judge and the BVA attorney staff loved Dr. Ellis’ work and cited it in nearly every grant.  They also cited Dr. Anaise quite often, and both served as a one-two punch against the negative C&P’s.

They also loved the short IMO from my oncologist due to him being my treating doctor for over two decades, and even mentioned the audiologist IMO once in granting a hearing loss connection that I had all but given up on.

In truth, I also had plenty of medical records and some recent VA treatment and x-ray reports that my representative shot over to them at the last minute, which they cited as well.

Long story short, I think the BVA really liked that Dr. Ellis and his staff actually performed examinations instead of just records reviews, and Dr. Anaise served to bolster the evidence even more in my favor by providing medical basis for each claim with legal reasoning.  (I did not use him as my attorney, although he does do that too, but he ensures that the language of each nexus conforms to legal standard at the BVA.)

Now keep in mind that the costs probably have risen since I obtained mine three or four years ago.

I’m still sitting in the waiting line back at the VARO to handle my granted conditions and work on my remands, but at least I have that BVA decision and I couldn’t have done it without those solid IME/IMO’s.

Good luck!

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

I went with Dr. Bash and he's charging me 10k. I'm on a payment arrangement. I've only received DBQs for flat feet,knees,and lower back.

I suppose because I didn't give $$$ upfront I will have to wait for my IMOs.

I'm fine with waiting. No biggie.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:52 PM, Bobalou said:

any opinions on who is better for IMO ?

Dr. Bash is detailed and has a high percentage of granted decisions based on his IMOs/IMEs. I believe it's over 70% of claims. I researched him and BVA cases he was cited on. It went into the hundreds of claims and cases. His fee is determined by the complexity of the claim.http://www.veteransmedadvisor.com/Fee.html

Dr. Anaise is an MD and an attorney, from my understanding, so he has medical and VA law experience. http://www.danaise.com/nexus-imo-letters-veteran-disability/

Ellis Clinic is probably the cheapest out there starting at $500 depending on the complexity of the claim. If I'm not mistaken, you'll have to travel to Oklahoma to get what you need. https://ellisclinic.com/va-disability/index.html

I have not got one from Dr. David Anaise but talked to him on the phone and his price was reasonable. Dr.Bash is too much for me.

Personally I use valor 4 vet and I've been impressed.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use