VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. David Anaise or Dr. Craig Bash for a IMO

Rate this question

Bobalou

Question

I had an IME from my Oncologist, who treated me for  the past 19 years now, and a very positive DBQ from a VES contract doctor who did the original C&P examination for me, as well as good STR's and civilian medical records.  The VA back then, shot me in the back, disregarding the IMO, and simply rescheduled me for another C&P with a VES nurse practitioner, who knew how to play the VA game.  (The original "good" VA doctor was a D.O. who had also retired as a Colonel in the USAF as a doctor, and knew his stuff, and apparently didn't last long in the VA C&P world.)

I reached out to Dr. Ellis for an IME/IMO for multiple conditions, U.S. mailed my entire medical file with an explanation of the claims I had, and made the drive to Oklahoma City.  His IME/IMO helped me get kick started to bring my rating up a notch, although the VA still balked on much of it, I managed to break through the gate.  Later on down the line, Dr. Ellis even referred me to a VA attorney, who I later contacted after I gave up on my American Legion VSO.

Then I used Dr. Anaise, who allowed me to e-mail all of my documents to him, and who provided an amazing IMO based on all of the medical evidence, IME/IMO's previously obtained, with legal basis for each of his opinions.  I did not retain him as my attorney, although he is a practicing lawyer who can represent in the BVA/CAVC system, and for this medical opinion, he charged a flat one time fee.

What I liked about Dr. Anaise was that he also made inferences to secondary conditions that I did not think of, and for which my actual attorney jumped on, resulting in a major increase in rating.

As I mentioned in previous posts, I still have a long way to go to move the ball all the way, and to retain my original EED on those old conditions.

Using a good attorney is a lesson I learned late in the game, but early on I placed trust in Dr. Ellis and Dr. Anaise, and I have to say that I recouped any IME/IMO fees, travel/hotel/fuel costs, U.S. mail costs, etc. in that very first retro check.

What I learned is that Dr. Ellis and his staff are family-oriented, treat you comfortably and professionally, and will work back and forth with you until you have a satisfactory IME/IMO to submit to the VA.

I also learned that although Dr. Anaise is much more straightforward and all business, if you have the proper medical evidence, he can write an exquisite IMO for you for a flat fee, and if you do want to retain him as an attorney he will do it, for the same percentage fee that other attorneys charge.  As I said, I only used his services for an IMO, but it had enough ammunition to help me and my actual attorney get things moving.

Have a great weekend!

Mark

I just got email from a member ,who I think is from the original hadit board- maybe from 2003....had not heard from him in a long time-

He had a great IMO from Dr Bash.

"The issue was whether or not my service-connected COPD rated at 60%, caused my sleep Apnea condition.  Dr. Bash provided an IMO

linking the sleep Apnea to COPD.  A VA examiner also agreed with Dr. Bash's assessment. "

But:
"The RO claimed in the SOC that they had reviewed my records in its entirety but found no reason for an increase,

and hastily sent my claims folder to the BVA.  I received the decision yesterday in the mail.  The BVA granted 100% for COPD with sleep apnea back to June 2005.

Not sure what that means since the BVA's awarded me TDIU in 2011 from August 2003.  I was tickled since the RO has been so determined not to increase my ....etc......"

We deal with the same people at the Buffalo RO -they still cant read-
I think they even made a CUE, but need to go over his email thoroughly-

sounds like he is set for SMC S. 

I think it all depends on what disabilities(ies) you are trying to get SC for- and what the IMO/IME doctor's credentials and experience involve .
Although Dr Bash is a Neuro-radiologist, he helped the vet I heard from this AM and he helped me succeed in a AO diabetes mellitus  death claim. DMI never diagnosed, never treated by VA- I did plenty of leg work before I ordered his IMO- I knew it was a good investment.
Others here have had help from Dr Anaise too.

• HadIt.com Elder

,s berta was it Flip or Larry? I remember those two  they were great help to me.

I was wondering about Flip IF he is just burn out on hadit and enjoying his Motorcycles His Harley Rides....I sure miss them guys.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use