VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. David Anaise or Dr. Craig Bash for a IMO

Rate this question

Bobalou

Question

Wow, this is a great thread. Nothing like the voices of experience to get a good sense of what's available in terms of an IMO/IME/Nexus Opinion. 

I don't know any of the physicians personally, but similar to what y'all have written, I have been impressed with Drs. Bash and Anise with regard to their breadth and depth of knowledge and ability to communicate effectively in writing. I have also enjoyed listening to Dr. Bash on the HadIt radio hour. 

I don't know as much about Dr. Ellis but I have read numerous positive reports here and on other forums. I have never read anything negative. 

Setting one's fees as an expert witness (which is how the federal courts refer to doctors like Ellis, Bash, & Anise) is interesting. I suspect a lot of it has to do with the stage of one's career, overall financial situation, and staff resources. If you're still in the midst of your career and you've got kids in college or grad/med school, then you should run your practice like a good small business and make some money. If you're approaching retirement and are financially secure then you might charge less as a community service. 

I am guessing, but Dr. Bash is probably following sound business principles for consultants of all kinds: If you have done good work, built up a solid reputation, and are swamped with referrals, you should raise your rates until you have a manageable number of referrals. Basic supply and demand in a free market economy (capitalism). 

Some people complain about such professionals, saying they are "too expensive". My usual response to such judgments is something like: "Well, if you want an economic system based on the principle, from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs, such a system has been proposed."

I guess I should chime in. I went with Dr Bash, who first reviewed all my records then a year later I flew to DC, I think JFK, and Dr Bash did a full head to toe exam, clothed, on me in the airport, right inside Starbucks!!!!!!! Today im 90% IU and P&T!! I should be SMC but decided to stop other claims and now new stuff arising from SCd issues. May e in the future I may file but for now I just done with everything VA..

Dr Bash knows his stuff and the SSDI Judge said in her own decision hismedical opinion held more weight than any VA MD becausethe VA hid th eir own EMG reports from her!!!!!!!!!I had to give her the reports at the hearing in 2014!!! Bestof luck on who you choose…

Hes been 100% correct on my diagnosis every single one of them...

Edited by rpowell01

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use