VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

back and hip c&p exam

Rate this question

Rita

Question

I had my lower back (increase) and hip (new) c & p exam yesterday, my appointment was at 9 am, I pulled up in the parking lot about 820 did not want to be late.  I walk with a cane and I found it unusual that  as I am unhooking my gps the dr office called and told me I could come on in.  Were they waiting  and watching to see how I walked, then the exam only lasted about 8 minutes, how normal is this?

2 answers to this question

Rita,

Where was your exam at?

Mine have all been at a VA Hospital and I would find it quite difficult for them to watch me exit my car and enter the building, however, not impossible.  I do have prior knowledge of a private Dr. that used to do that for SSDI exams back in the day when my wife was a medical transcriptionist.

As far as them calling you early, well at my last exam, I left my house way too early (90 minute drive) and I arrived at the VA a hour early.  When I entered the building I logged in with the kiosk and proceeded to the floor and was walking down the hall when the nurse was calling my name.  They were ahead of schedule.

Now as far as the exam only lasting 8 minutes would be a red flag for me.  It took all of the 45 minutes they had me for to do the exam by the numbers for my foot and ankle.

Was the examiner following a checklist or something and making marks or entrys?  Or all by memory??

Anyway, after about 3-4 days your exam should show up on eBenifits, so you should get an idea of what happened.

Good luck,

Hamslice

At a civilian doctors office they doctor had one of those things to measure the abilty I guess of how far I could bend which is close to zero for me and too since I just arrived I was in more pain from sitting in the car  driving for an hour

Edited by Rita