VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AD diagnosed start

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I've been having issues figuring out when it started and meet with my psychiatrist this week. Hopefully to discuss when it began I was diagnosed with depressive disorder in 2014 due to watching my friend die and again when it was filmed on Baghdad ER. When that happened I was dx right before my sTBI that I was acting reckless in behavior and shutting my family off from my life. Then my sTBI occurred and exacerbated it to the point where I've made very bad impulsive decisions to this day and I have no short term memory. My TBI is already rated with PTSD lumped in there but if my AD began before my TBI is this something they will lump in with that? VES has contracted my psych exam with the same doctor who lumped my ptsd with my TBI and she missed several issues with the ptsd exam I'm sure to bring up... but if she sees her mistakes is to late to amend her report to the VA I mean she said I had ptsd but couldn't speculate which symptoms were the TBI or PTSD?Maybe I should call VES to see if they can send me to a Neurologist/psychiatrist one with better abilities to differentiate?

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not that familiar with how they rate the TBI??

.AS I understand VA will only rate 1 MH Condition  and if the TBI is in that same category  then they will probably rate the TBI and take away the PTSD  DEPENDING ON HOW BAD THE TBI IS?

I am not sure on this?

This is just my opinion  others can chime in here.

From what I'm told the doctor separated my symptoms from my STBI and my 2 Mh diagnosis PTSD and my chronic AD. So I in theory I should get 2 ratings one for the physical part of my sTBI which he stated was caused by my ignition switch of my car defect and was also won in an appeal already. The PTSD exacerbated the AD which was caused by my terroristic threats... fingers crossed

Edited by jfrei