VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How long does it take exams to post?

Rate this question

katnboo2

Question

I will try to be brief.  I have 5 new claims in GOE since I filed 27 Sep 2016.  My primary claim is for PTSD related to personal assault.  DVSO has told me my stressor has been accepted, and my DBQ appears very favorable.  That exam was on 13 April 2017.

I also have claims for upper back and neck, related to auto accident while on active duty, and bilateral foot problems (bunion surgeries and pin implants done several years after retirement), caused or exacerbated by the military not having my size shoes for the first several years of enlistment (I'm 6'2" female, and shoes were 1-1 1/2 sizes too small).  The exams for these claims were done 10 April 2017.

There was also a hearing exam, more of a baseline for me because I wore headphones for the majority of my career.

Since the completion of my exams, my claim has remained GOE.  DVSO says they are just waiting for the neck/back/foot exams (same VA contracted doctor, same day) to be uploaded by the scan center. My expected due dates have changed only by a matter of days, now Jul-Oct 2017.  I have watched the red flags for documents past due come and go...they are back now.  None of my exams reports show up anywhere, EBenefits or MHV.  I just passed the 125 day mark, but that is from the date EBenefits shows, not the date I filed paperwork with my DVSO.

My questions:  Is it normal to wait this long for reports to upload?  Should I be seeing the completed PTSD DBQ?  Is there anything else I should be looking for?  Thank you!

JWS, you were lucky, indeed!  Rather than be frustrated that my claim seems to be bogged down at the scan center, I will take a positive from your post, and hope that mine will be completed soon :-)

Well, I called my VSO yesterday.  She said the VA still has not received the DBQ from my neck/back/feet exam a little over a month ago.  She advised me to not call the place where I had the exam done, and said my RO would be following up with them.  She also told me they've been having some timeliness issues with contract exam reports.  These documents are now 6 days over-due, and the only thing holding up my claim from being worked on.  Another interesting comment from her...their average claim time is now 144 days, and because i'm at 127 days, she thinks there's plenty of time.  Ugh.