Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Lucks running out

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I've been trying to figure out how to stop making the same mistakes over and over and to do right for my kids and hopefully improve from my impulsive thoughts. But then the doctor says to me you put me in a tough spot I have to call child services on you and speak with your wife. My wife who just had a baby 9 days was being interviewed by my psychiatrist. She kept asking if you feel like you have to supervise with the kids and she said sometimes and with projects in the house. My wife can't be a fulltime care giver I know that she's going back to work in 9 weeks. I have until the 7th of June my next appts and on Aderral 20mg to hopefully change my ways and make better for my kids. I can't lose my kids I love them. Just thought I'd give an update and hopefully here some ideas of what the xxxx I'm doing right or wrong?ive turned to this website for help always but I think my lucks running out...

Edited by jfrei

Thanks I'm rated at 90% scheduler one of them  a residuals of a TBI rated at 70%. She gave it to me in hope I no longer get distracted when watching my kids so I don't get them hurt. I really don't feel bad for telling her my wife's concerned now when she goes back to work 9 weeks off maternity leave of what will happen. The Aderral is for an adjustment disorder she calls it Im back to see her on the 7th to see if she doesn't have to call child services my folks are an hour drive and daycare comes out for two kids to what I would could make at a PT job the other thing is my doctor who granted me IU labeled me as a liability to all employers saying a safety hazard due to my memory. And I'm am rated with SMC S if thats house bound then yes. I applied for SSDI and my doctor just filled out an Mental RFC but the issue for me is im not completely impaired but most of my mental from my primary doctor shows that i have some form of TBI depression anxiety PTSD dx was his assessment. Now my physical RFC shows almost no impairment he wrote my dx on that one instead of this one though. This was before my visit to get help yesterday from the psychiatrist.

IMG_4120.JPG

IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone

if My Mother -in-law showed up   they would be more problems than the kiddos:wink:

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

Gastone

if My Mother -in-law showed up   they would be more problems than the kiddos:wink:

Luckily my mother in law terrified of driving on highways and we moved to another state...

On 5/18/2017 at 8:20 AM, Gastone said:

Jfr, what exactly is the Aderral 20 mg supposed to change or lessen, that would remove the need for the Dr to contact Children's Protective Service? Are you rated as House Bound? What was your CSC before the IU Award. You are aware that with the IU Award, you could do part-time work (Great MH Therapy) earning under the SGI $12,400 and not have to worry about getting an IU Reduction? 

This may be a sexist thing to say, but women were meant to have, care for and raise their Babies. Men, while loving their children, just don't measure up to WOMEN, when it comes to 24/7 care and nurturing of the kids. At least I don't, never did. I could work 70 hr weeks with no problem but after watching my 4 kids for an hr or so, I couldn't wait for my wife, mother or mother-in-law to show up.

Where are the Grand Parents?  Check with local churches for assistance. School will be out soon, hire a teenage babysitter to help you and your wife,

Semper Fi

You can find temporary jobs in aviation that last a few weeks but they usually pay pretty high like 28 hour because it is a very short lived job and no benefits. Usually they last a month and there's no guarantee of finding one I've spend months in between one I've tried for 7 years in the past 2 years I've had 6 jobs. My memory can't handle all the changes from all the different roles. I make mistakes and not little ones I've made a couple 100000+ mistakes damaging aircraft and blades on helicopters . When I want to try and adapt to something else less productive and easier on my head my panic attacks occur along with my headaches. I've already sold a 401k that was losing money just to get by this month lost even more hit with the earl withdraw penalty. But your right an extra 10k would get us by i just have to find one ? To bad my SSDI is so early in the stages before an actually win at the appeal Delaware has to go through a reconsideration before  real appeal and my denied Permanent and total which they said my sTBI is not considered PT had its NOD filed on the 16th. I am made my other appeal has a hardship flagged on it but the new doesn't. I called and asked why i said it was just granted on May 3 why wouldn't it apply to this new one as well?

Regarding P & T Ratings, you sound far south of 55. I read an interesting P & T article today on the "Progressive Advisory LLC" web site, link to it via VAWATCHDOG.org. Age 55 seems to be a magic number when it comes to P & T.

An interesting point was made regarding Vets filing a NOD because P & T wasn't added to the IU Award, thus excluding the Chap 35 Bennies for spouse & kids, the P & T isn't an Award it's a Classification and a non-appealable issue.

No family, especially Grand Parents, to help watch the Kids? You may not be able to do your old job, do you really need to? You're pulling about $40+K SC Tax-Free, your wife will be going BTW at her old job after Maternity Leave, earning $XX,000 a year.  Will you still be in dire financial straights at that point? If the financial strain continues, it's time to get some professional guidance. VA IL Dept might be a resource for a free or low-cost Financial Counselor.

Forget about your old line of work, based on your mechanical skills you should be able to find some sort of part-time job. Even if your Earnings go towards a Nanny or Day Care, it would be good MH Therapy.

Semper Fi

So I've been service connected for chronic adjustment disorder with bouts of depression and anxiety. I was already SC for PTSD but was grouped in with my residuals of a TBI. The way he worded my chronic AD is that it's seperate from my TBI/PTSD how in the hell is that going to be rated if they can't be together?

Edited by jfrei