VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC-S Eligibilty

Rate this question

zero69

Question

I'm presently rated at 90% for Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia ( a rare form of Non-hodgkin's lymphoma), IGM monoclonal gammopathy with peripheral neuropathy.  I'm also rated for TDIU or 100%.

Additional ratings are 40% left leg, 40% right leg, 30% right arm, 20% left arm and 0% transient ischemic attack .

The 40, 40, 30, and 20 are all for peripheral neuropathy.

My ratings made it very confusing to me if I would be eligible for smc-s because they are all the same or does the bilateral rating make me eligible? Affecting both legs and both arms.

Thank you for your help. 

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What about the independent ratings? combined those and he would be eligible for SMC.

If they rated these other conditions separate and independently  he should be eligible.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.350

We still need to see the IU Award Letter in order to determine exactly which (Single?) SC or SC's got the IU Award.

Then again, there is always the straight VA Housebound Application that a treating VA or Private Physician completes on your behalf and submits to the VA.

Unlike the SMC S (1) Statutory Award, you actually have to meet the VA's Housebound or A & A criteria as evidenced by your Treating Physician's Statement on his signed Housebound application. You don't have to have (1) SC rated at 100%.

Semper Fi

Attached is the Award Letter for the IU dated August 2002. 

The original award for compensation was dated July of 2000.

I've been curious about this for awhile and the more I read the more confusing it gets. I'm only trying to figure out if I would be eligible. I'm not looking to get anything that I shouldn't.

Thanks.    

Document_3.rtf

Document_4.rtf

Document-5.rtf