VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC-S Eligibilty

Rate this question

zero69

Question

I'm presently rated at 90% for Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia ( a rare form of Non-hodgkin's lymphoma), IGM monoclonal gammopathy with peripheral neuropathy.  I'm also rated for TDIU or 100%.

Additional ratings are 40% left leg, 40% right leg, 30% right arm, 20% left arm and 0% transient ischemic attack .

The 40, 40, 30, and 20 are all for peripheral neuropathy.

My ratings made it very confusing to me if I would be eligible for smc-s because they are all the same or does the bilateral rating make me eligible? Affecting both legs and both arms.

Thank you for your help. 

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

ok this brings him up to the 100%  or even from 90%combined  b/c of the IU

''I'm presently rated at 90% for Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia ( a rare form of Non-hodgkin's lymphoma), IGM monoclonal gammopathy with peripheral neuropathy.  I'm also rated for TDIU or 100%''

Now he has these other disability's....> combined those'' Independently'' and that should make him eligible  for SMC-S the 40% 40% would be a bilateral rating  at 60% using VA Math

Additional Ratings=

are 40% left leg, 40% right leg, 30% right arm, 20% left arm and 0% transient ischemic attack .

Normally to make it easier to understand  a veteran would need a 100% scheduler Rating on Original Disability  and another 60% ''separate'' rating to meet the SMC Rating eligibility

but they also rate  a veteran 90% with IU OR 100% That has been rated Independently with combined ratings that are 60%or higher  such as this veteran.

the 2- 40's %  would be rounded off at 64% bringing him up to the qualified 60%  so with his IU RATING he should qualify.

I am not 100% sure because they also go by the severity of the condition or if they will rate the 2= 40% Independently?  But just my opinion they should.

but you should check with an accredited certified VA Rep.

Edited by Buck52

The more I think about it, even though the 40% right leg and 40% left leg ratings didn't come until 07/01/2001 and 08/01/2001,the neuropathy was mentioned in the original rating with the main problem of Waldenstrom's in 2000. Would this possibly make the difference? Both mentioned in the original rating but not rated until 2001.

Thanks.