VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

armyvet89

Question

Hello folks!

I have recently submitted a claim with the VA to reopen my previously denied PTSD, depression diabetes and sleep apnea secondary to pain, medications, weight gain and depression and TBI and TBI residuals with headaches. I got a call yesterday from VES and I have never heard of them. Anyone have input on them? It looks like the only C&P they ordered was for TBI. Any reason why they wouldn't ask for a C&P for the other claimed conditions? Thanks for any and all help!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

They are outsourcing from the VA they get a doctor close to you if they call you they'll ask your availability to get one scheduled within a week

If you haven't gotten the letter just goggle them and call they will schedule it without the letter

On 5/20/2017 at 1:06 PM, jfrei said:

They are outsourcing from the VA they get a doctor close to you if they call you they'll ask your availability to get one scheduled within a week

I called and spoke to Peggy and they said that the only C&P ordered as of now is for TBI. So with that said I have 2 questions. 

1. Is this because during the TBI exam they will see if I have PTSD?

2. I have been diagnosed by a VA psychologist since 2011 and it is pretty well documented in my VA treatment records that I have the diagnosis and all that stuff. My stressors should be good to go with my combat action badge and 2 buddy statements to boot. But I had a bad C&P in September of 2016 so I am a little nervous they havent ordered a C&P for that. I also claimed depression secondary to pain and all that too. Just too nervous. When I submitted my PTSD stressor letter for this claim I told them about 2 things that I hadnt sent in for my previous claim. So maybe there is sufficient "new and material" evidence to reopen? 

Sorry for not being more specific call VES (877) 637-8387 if there's a request they'll see it and ask you about if your willing to travel up to 100 miles or less or open to weekends or whatever.