VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam with a DBQ

Rate this question

B dub

Question

First let me thank all of the members who have posted so much good informational conversations. It has helped and opened my eyes a lot during this long and tedious process. The question I have, with a bit of background information. I have been seeing my primary care provider, which is an MD, for about 8 years. During these 8 years he has diagnosed me with IBS, Migraine headaches and PTSD, with a Psychiatrist diagnosing me with PTSD as well. During this time he has also diagnosed me, most recently, with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. With that being said, he completed a DBQ for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I filed the claim and was surprised that I was called to Myrtle Beach, SC for a C&P exam. The reason I say that, is because he also filled out a DBQ on the Migraines and IBS and I did not have to go to a C&P exam. I was just rated. Again, with all of this being said, I went to the C&P exam and had the exam with a P.A.? During the exam, I gave her 2 pages of notes that I had put together of my symptoms and how it affected my daily life and how long I've been living with this. During her exam, she listened to my lungs, my heart and looked at my throat and my ears. That's all that she did. Can a P.A.'s exam override a MD's DBQ? And with the brief exam, it left me thoroughly confused. What was the purpose of this?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you been denied?

or just want to know the difference between the two Dr's?

A MD would carry more weight than a PA.

And they should use the PCP DBQ's to Address your disability/Symptoms.

This is what a DBQ is for.

Check with the C&P Chief about this at your VMC  or get with a Reputable VSO

However you may want to wait and see what your decision is  and then Disagree with it if they low-ball you, and look up the degree of symptoms that fit your disability's and request that rating be giving per each condition.

or request the highest rating allowed by Law be given for each S.C. Condition.  according with the CFR's

jmo

Edited by Buck52

Well, I just looked on ebenefits and they denied my claim! Just waiting for the letter. 

I suppose I'll go to my VSO and start the appeal. 

I am so fed up with the VA! 

To reopen, you will need new evidence.  I reopened one claim and won with new evidence.  An appeal, from what I read, you can ask for a re-look with a different rator (senior rator?), with or without new evidence.  Your can ask for a reconsideration, which is not a thing, but they will take it and maybe look at it again.  Or as one of the advertisers on here says, do all three.

The other thing that I see here is, is that the rater may not have seen the DBQ from the doctor, and only used the one from your C&P.  Did you submit the DBQ from the doctor as evidence?, you personally? My bet is the rater never saw the doc's DBQ.

The VA probably asked and got the treatment records from the doc, but not the DBQ, because they use theirs from their C&P.  Veterans need to remember that there is a big difference between VA comp and VA healthcare.  They do NOT work together.  They are not going to look for another DBQ, etc.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
Damn spelling