VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mother seeking assistance thread

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Bumping it up for vet rep- only 5 days left to have those forms in VA's possession. Deadline May 30, 2017

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

The problem is two fold ---VA case law would find for the mother of the child, even though she was not married to the veteran,as the legal claimant-not the grandmother. 

I cite

Jones v. Brown, 8 Vet. App. 558,
560 (1996).
And Wilkes V. Principi

more info here.

Edited by Berta

bumping it up for St Pete's RO -only till Friday to get in VA's possession---Monday the VA is closed.

Bumping it up again...only 2 1/2 days left to get those forms in VA's possession...from the mother. of the children.

If the family is reading as a guest I posted more info to help you in FTCA and also DIC forum.

If you obtained a lawyer from the NOVA list, I can help them to consider other ways to go,if they contact me here in this post thread and give me their name and firm #. I have people praying for all of you, me too- as I know this has been a horrendous and tragic loss. I am still a grief stricken widow and it has been 22 years.

Grief changes the way good people act and think. 

This will be a difficult claim but Nothing is Impossible.

Edited by Berta

Thank you, Hamslice---I was just going to bump this up again.

I called  the highest person I could find in DAV- State of Fla, told him the info he needed, and he gave me email to who appears to be the highest VBA VA employee  who has direct contact with the RO where the claims were filed.

But the VBA man had a away message on his email that said he would not return until Friday May 26th.

Someone however at VBA has accepted more email from me. under his email addy  ( or he returned to work sooner.) I had other contacts as well.

I believe this can all turn around. I also reported a DAV rep not picking up his messages. If he would not call me back ,obviously he never called back veterans who were seeking appointments with him. 

If I had a POA I would revoke them today and ask  AMVETS to rep me.

AMVETS was the only vet org who stuck up for th vets that this new BS proposal would affect.

It is the same BS that Mil retirees went through for years to get CRDP/CRSC.

They had more organization however than non lifer vets do. This proposal will affect elderly vets, who paid into SSA because they worked, long enough to attain SSA/SSDI, but will prevent them from attaining TDIU,........ because they served the US of A. BS plain and simple.