Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

jbasser

Heads up IU vets.

Question

The way I read;

"Currently, veterans eligible for the program have a 60 to 100 percent disability rating through the VA and are unable to secure a job because of their service-connected disability. The program allows them to get paid at the highest compensation rate. For 2017, the monthly rate for a 100 percent disabled veteran living alone is $2,915 per month.

The change, which the budget describes as a "modernization," would stop the higher payments once a veteran who is eligible for Social Security payments reaches the minimum age to receive them. Veterans who have already reached the age to receive Social Security would be removed from the VA benefit program if Congress approves the proposal."

is that if you are receiving IU, and lets say you were/are 70 percent before you got IU, that now if or when you receive social security at age 62, you would go back to your 70 percent plus get your social security.  I'll have to ponder that for a while.  Not sure if that does not make some sense.  Some would loose money, some would gain depending on how much SS they are getting. What about the Veteran that didn't work enough to get social security, but is IU.  He/she makes out like a bandit compared to the schmoe that is going to get $600.00 from social security.

The "round down" is just a silly way to take 20 million from Vets.

Not sure about the flight school either.  I think healthcare for Veterans is more important than flight school.

Anyway,

Hamslice

• Like 1

Ad

Well, I went and read the whole bill.  Everything gets cut, not just Veterans.

So, probably not going anywhere.

Hamslice

• Like 2

Good morning members.

I'm the founder of 4 veteran groups with over 35,000 members.

We've been discussing  this topic all day, This subject was attempted a few times before but never approved. I highly doubt it would be approved unless the current recipients were grandfathered. Homelessness, suicide, bankruptcy, ect would go up .Trump got vets votes caused he was going to help out benefits, not.

Anyhow, I told my members to contact there Congressman and Senators.

• Like 1

Just my opinion here,

but anytime they (congress) think about cutting  (ANY BENEFITS) From Veterans  is a grave mistake...why don't they ever think about cutting some of their own benefits  which is 10 times more than us Vets.  (Just look At Their Salaries!)

We VETERANS WOULD NOT NEED ANY BENEFITS IF WE WAS PULLING IN AROUND 250.000.00 YEARLY.

They should leave well enough alone  its not enough what we get anyway and most of us are on a budget as it is.

jmo

I don't think they (congress) thinks about the bad impact this would have on millions of veterans.

I don't see how this will ever be passed.

They need to think about other more important things  like getting our military built up so we will have a fighting chance with Russia and that is forthcoming in my opinion.