VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted 70% Ptsd

Rate this question

K Solo

Question

Was granted 70% service connected combat Ptsd, I'm currently considering applying for IU but wondering how to proceed with it. Don't know if i should file a NOD or listen to the VSO Rep and do and intent to file. My window is still open to file an NOD but wondering if anyone can offer any info to help me to make a decision on how to proceed or if i should. Haven't worked since Dec 2016 and wondering if i should also apply for SSDI Benefits. Can anyone offer any suggestions or info to help me navigate through this process. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, Rocket1949 said:

K Solo ,Berta apologizes are in order . I went outside normal protocol and hijacked K Solos thread.  I apologize for that. I got wrapped up in the moment and identified with K Solos post being similar to my situation. I will open my own thread and direct my questions to that thread. 

No biggie, just tryna get some info about the situation and what i should do next.

K, have you started or filed the IU claim on your E-Ben site?

If you're qualified for VA IU, don't drag your feet filing the claim, you're burning daylight.

Semper Fi

I havent yet cause im getting conflicting info about it, VSO told one way to go then had a lawyer consultation and suggested a NOD to try and up my 70% rating. so i came to Hadit to see if someone else was dealing with it or has gone through it cause got to different answers about how to proceed so just wanted to see if i could browse forums and see if i could find a route to take. It stated in award letter reason why they gave me what they gave me, mentioned inability to work well with others n stuff like that related to PTSD but wasnt any form for IU or anything with packet just NOD form. 

Edited by K Solo

K, either you are or you aren't IU, sitting there wringing your hands together, won't result in an IU Award or Denial.

A successful NOD for a PTSD Increase to 100%, is very questionable but can still be filed, regardless of filing the IU Claim.

An IU FDC could result in a Decision within 4 to 6 mos. While on the other hand, the NOD requesting a DRO Review (Shortest Appeal Wait Time) could take 12 to 18 mos.

You have to bust a move here, obviously, inaction will get you nowhere.

Semper Fi