VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Morphine

Rate this topic

I have just been prescribed Morphine 30mg twice daily for chronic severe pain. I have done some reading about the drug which appears to be real strong.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any personal experience with Morphine and what I should look out for

in regards to side effects, pain relief or addiction?

Bob

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If it is the long acting morphine the side effects are sedation and, for me, a lack of coordination. I would be very careful if I drive while taking it. I notice my feet get tangled up after taking the morphine sometimes. It is safer than the narcotics with tylenol in them and safer than methodone from what I hear. Addiction is not the real problem but it knocking you out is a problem.

I have just been prescribed Morphine 30mg twice daily for chronic severe pain. I have done some reading about the drug which appears to be real strong.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any personal experience with Morphine and what I should look out for

in regards to side effects, pain relief or addiction?

Bob

• Founder

bob - until you get a feel for the drug, please don't do anything dangerous, driving, going down stairs, gas ovens and so on...your judgement may be impered. i always safe beats sorry every time!

I have been on morphine 30mg for about six months, i have Arthritis in all joints, chronic pain syndrome,i can not take arthritis medications because of the effects on my system, so they give me alot of pain medications, i an not a big fan of morphine because it really knocks me out, i am useless, with the combination of medications, i am a zombie all day, really sucks, i would concider myself addicted to those medications. i have been taking them for so many years.

Now the Va is telling me, that i have fatty liver due to the amount of medications i take, all my medications are from the VA, i don't drink. beer,wine , liquer.

I am now think of putting in a claim for the damage to my liver, from the medication i get from the VA. i have been diagnosed with fatty liver for the pass three years, but it is only now the VA is concerned, i just don't know how to word the claim properly, all the medication i take are filtered through the liver and the Va knew this, when they gave me the Medications.

Any help with wording the claim, would be nice.