VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I am so blessed !

Rate this topic

coastie72

I had a very bad habit of checking E-benefits almost daily. Yesterday I was shocked to see I had been awarded 100% P&T. If you are going to be addicted to E-benefits take my approach, "don't get upset and never expect anything" it will come eventually.

Today I want to say thank you to so many people on this forum for responding to past posts I have made and also to the ones I just learned from reading theirs.

I am truly blessed that in comparison to so many, my NOD for increase was decided in two years and a week. I know that many have been waiting longer, but NEVER GIVE UP.

Now I have to find out what all the benefits are that comes with this award. I know they vary from State to State and I am in SC. I am going to need to get ID cards for the wife and I, now she won't have to wait until our daughter is in town before going to the commissary LOL. 

I just want to say God Bless you all and I will still be lurking around. I truly am still in shock!

Yippee Coastie !  2 years and a week is not bad at all.

The wife and any kids are eligible for CHAMPVA ( a fabulous benefit) and Chapter 35 ( wONDERFUL) too

If you have adult children who attended a VA approved college during the EED date,- then depending on their age and other factors the VA might have to reimburse their tuition.

I am parsing that info because it is explained in detail here elsewhere.

I have a question when you get the decision.

When VA awarded me DIC with these benefits above, they enclosed 2 Chap 35 apps, one for me and one for my daughter (who had just joined the USAF. No mention of CHAMPVA.)

However the VA sent me a separate letter stating I might be eligible for CHAMPVA and how to find out.

My point is that CHAMPVA is handled separately from the VARO and they have their own web site where application can be made.

My question is, when the decision comes, does it mention CHAMPVA or instead, a letter will come separately. (I hope)

The letter I got ( this was many years ago EED from VA was 1991) on CHAMPVA didnt have much info but it would be great if the RO at least puts their internet link these days in 100% P & T awards.

Coastie ,your profile quotes the Bible:

"IN ALL THY WAYS, ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND HE SHALL GUIDE THY PATHS. PROVERBS 3.6" . Many of us prayed for you when you asked (in 2015 I think) and it takes time but God sure does answer prayers.

My church Prayer Warrior group always prays for veterans and their families and with me in the group I often ask for prayers for the VA as well. I am almost afraid to even mention that here .

God put me into veteran's advocacy and it has made my husband's untimely death have great meaning and Honor.not to mention it sure helped anyone here with AO DMII, IHD, FTCA, I151and CUE, DIC, accrued etc etc 

Edited by Berta
added more

Wonderful news! I am still trying to absorb all the ramifications of mine from last week. I am so happy for you. My envelope arrived before e-benefits updated. I do still have one outstanding contention and noted due to my e-benefits addiction that a date on the appeal which had been 1/12/14 was changed yesterday to 5/25/17. I am hoping that perhaps we will start seeming many of these long standing appeals resolved soon! 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use