VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI/PTSD info-these are 2 separate disabilities

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://www.hadit.com/category/veterans-compensation-benefits-articles/

and more info here on that in this forum

PTSD- mental health issue due to emotional  trauma

TBI-physical brain injury due to physical trauma

One cannot get a TBI from having PTSD.

If a vet has a TBI however, the situation that caused it could certainly also cause PTSD.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have no idea if jfrei has SMC S or not.  Perhaps he does.  Im lucky if I know what my own disablity ratings are, let alone all the posters.  VA does not seem to know what my ratings are,

as I may have mentioned I am rated SMP housebound, but that only makes sense if I was getting pension.  Its still unclear to me if ANY Vet can or does get money for 

SMP housebound if he or she is 100 percent disabled.  I dont think the VA knows either.  

Yes I am now SMC S as of Nov 11 when granted IU and it continued when made P and T and 100% scheduler this past May. So I was IU for a little over 7 months before it was upgraded to 100% scheduler just to clear the air of people who told me I had to be on IU for years... well one year is up in Nov so I’m wondering if I still have to submit an employment history of nothing...

Edited by jfrei

On 10/25/2017 at 11:35 AM, jfrei said:

Yes I am now SMC S as of Nov 11 when granted IU and it continued when made P and T and 100% scheduler this past May. So I was IU for a little over 7 months before it was upgraded to 100% scheduler just to clear the air of people who told me I had to be on IU for years... well one year is up in Nov so I’m wondering if I still have to submit an employment history of nothing...

jfrei,

I think you have to go by your paperwork from the last decision as the most important, and go backwards to make any sense of the paper trail. Some of my decisions were up to 2 years in arrears and I had no idea. 

A significant population of USMC and US Army handicapped vets are both tbi and ptsd (or some form of anxiety); and incidentally they also have the highest overwhelming percentage of suicides in the USA too (duh.) But luckily for you, those are probably bi-modal stats: those who had a family started before the Service and those who Never had a family their whole life because of the Service.

But your P&T I think means you are done worrying about exams, check-ins, and inspections. I'll try to find that out soon, if a moderator expert does not chime in beforehand, since I may forget: sorry.

Peace.

Edited by armorer