VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam scheduled for my husband FINALLY!!!

Rate this question

ErinNick

Question

After sending in an intent to file in Sept 2015 and formally filing in September of 2016, my husband has been scheduled for his C&P exam later this month!  Any pointers or advice from you seasoned C&Pers?  We are hoping to get disability of at least 70% the first go around (in my opinion and in knowing him for 10+ years, I believe that he possesses most of the traits for those with PTSD at 70%).

Just a sidebar- a "copy" of anyone's  orders is alway on the page 4 of his service record anytime anyone is PCS'd. That is undeniable proof. 

8 hours ago, MikeR said:

Personality disorder is designed to legally keep the VA from paying anyone benefits. It also places a horrible stigma on that person. The military likes to live in a peculiar denial that anything that happened could cause someone to have issues. It has happened repeatedly, and many people just want out, feel helpless, don't seek legal counsel. The Military counts on that.

Well that gives me no hope at all!!  He should have been diagnosed with PTSD all along..

And L, unfortunately my husband wasn't showing he PCS'd at all to Afghanistan.  We aren't sure why, so that's why we went to buddy statements and luckily one of his old leaders had a manifest with his info on it.

On 6/6/2017 at 8:18 AM, MikeR said:

I think men and women that are attacked are not likely to come forward due to the memories, feelings of shame, guilt, anger, so often they need a caring person to pick up the torch for them.

Worse by than that Mike...for the men, they fear being re-victimized by the UCMJ, their own command, their peers, and then getting charged and convicted under the UCMJ, and then the BCD or DD. And never mind the worst of all, getting brutally assaulted by their peers as well. Trust me...that was my biggest fear back before Don't Ask Don't Tell was enacted by Bubba Clinton. 

So....not one single person would dare pick up a torch for the likes of me. It may be different for women, can't say, since I'm a guy. Who would risk being seen as gay or a gay sympathizer to help male MST survivors while still on AD??? That would have put them in the same spotlight as me.... why risk their life and career??? 

Sorry if my attitude is ugly...the fear of revictimization and criminalization was much worse than most can possibly imagine!!!

Many can wear my shoes based on size.... but most cannot even put them on, much less walk in them.

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

A lot of attitudes towards sexuality has changed in the last 2 decades in the military. I think we have served with people from a variety of backgrounds.  As I have said before a crime is a crime. If it is unwanted, it is a crime.

Okay, my husband's exam just ended and when asked how it went, all he could say is that she (the examiner) recommended counseling, which he has done before.  He thinks it went okay.  What is the process from here on out?  When is it usual to hear something or get the notes (not sure what it is called, but I've seen some people post doc's notes from C&P exam)?

I would suggestyou have three options:

1.  Ask the Location who did the C&P for a copy (Sometimes they will give it to you and sometimes they won't)

2.  Go to the VA Regional Office in person and have your husband ask for it (No doubt he will have to complete VA Form 10-5345 below).

3.  Complete the VA Form 10-5345 and either Fax it to Wisc or Hand carry to Regional VA office

Good Luck!

C&P REQUEST FORvha-10-5345-fill.pdf

NEW_FAX COVER SHEET_Claims+Intake+Fax+Coversheet-1.pdf