VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam scheduled for my husband FINALLY!!!

Rate this question

ErinNick

Question

After sending in an intent to file in Sept 2015 and formally filing in September of 2016, my husband has been scheduled for his C&P exam later this month!  Any pointers or advice from you seasoned C&Pers?  We are hoping to get disability of at least 70% the first go around (in my opinion and in knowing him for 10+ years, I believe that he possesses most of the traits for those with PTSD at 70%).

On 06/06/2017 at 5:18 AM, MikeR said:

I think men and women that are attacked are not likely to come forward due to the memories, feelings of shame, guilt, anger, so often they need a caring person to pick up the torch for them.

You are absolutely correct MikeR.  I thought I was doing the hard core soldier thing by sucking it up and getting my $hit together.  30+ years later (at 57 years old) , it finally caught up to me and I spent nearly 5 months of last year locked up in phyc ward of  various VA Mental health care facilities accross the country . 

The RO denied my claim without a C&P, since I did not tell my commander or  ave a police report. However, the denial letter confirmed a medical diagnosis of PTSD pursuant to the criteria in DSM-V

The denial  was the second worse thing that ever happened to me in my life.

We have a new development in my husband's case....

In the mail today, we JUST received a check for $16,056.52 with a memo of VA COMPENSATION 9/1/17-9/30/17.  There was only a check, nothing explaining anything.  Can anyone explain what is going on?  Shouldn't we have received an explanation for the check?  Does this mean his disability is approved?  We are soo freakin' excited, but confused as well!

I am so happy that you have made it thru this process. 

Many years ago when I was rated for hearing loss, I received  a direct deposit notification from my bank and about two weeks later I got the brown envelope explaining the decision.  Interestingly, the letter misstated the rating decision percentage and award, so I had to file a CUE with my VSO (clear, unmistakable error) which got corrected about three months later.

If you have a premium account on benefits, you make be able to login take a look at the following link to see "possibly updated" current ratings: {  https://eauth.va.gov/ebenefits/download-letters  } .  

However, as senior member will certainly advise, the actual printed letter that you will eventually receive is the document that matters.

Congratulations,