VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White House IU petition

Rate this question

pwrslm

Question

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/how-are-vets-supposed-survive-without-iu-if-they-do-not-have-ss-credits-offset-loss

How are Vets supposed to survive without IU if they do not have SS credits to offset the loss?

Veterans get IU because they can not work. If a Veteran is on IU for 10 years, they dont contribute to SS. Without SS contributions, SS payments are the bare minimum for Those who sacrificed. If this plan to deny IU after SS eligibility continues, it is only fair for the Government to contribute to SS for those who qualify for IU. The program should be phased in so not one Veteran is hurt. This is not only fair to Veterans, but to the general public contributing to SS as well. It is not fair to Veterans because the disability was incurred as a result of their service to our nation. For our nation to even consider doing this to any disabled Veteran is a disgrace.

6 answers to this question

If I sign the petition will my personal info (name,address) be public as some petitions require?

I have been a pro trump guy for a while i have gone on fb and keep bringing it up on the site females for trump they say the will look into it 

One reason you may be having a ruff start is that this is a proposal in the Presidents budget, which never makes the light of day.  The other issue is that it is from the GAO (government accounting office) which, again is going nowhere.

President Obama's budget got voted down in the Senate like 99 to 1.  Again, going nowhere.

This has to be at least the 6th topic concerning this on this forum in the last two weeks.  Maybe a little over reaction.

Anyway, we wil have to wait for the house budget, as they control all the gov money.  President requests, senate renegotiates and the house approves all monies.  The house controls the purse.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

I personally think the SSA has a lot to do with this budget cut..I think the SSA IS CORRUPT as the VA is.

example:

I was approved for TDIU P&T back in 2002..ok I filed for SSDI and was denied 3 times  even  my TDIU P&T Award letter was not enough or  Dr's letters, ect,,ect,,

SSA mention I didn't have enough work credits for the last 10 years therefore I don't qualify for the SSDI Program.....

ok as time went on I turn 62 (12 years later) I filed for SS Retirement  and that was approved not much 958.00 month but it helps out.

Now (keep in mind) I could not work those last 10 years because of my S.C. Disability  but was fighting with the VA   until I was approved.  I was age 50 when I was approved for the TDIU P&T no future exams,  I Turn 65 next Month...I never seen a penny of SSDI those 15 years.  only when I turn 62 & started receiving SS Retirement.

I currently rated 100% with two SMC Awards & with my SS Retirement  and what the spouse gets on her SSDI, so fairly a good modest income, but if this budget cuts passes I take a chance on loseing the SMC's and falling back to the 90% I was before I got the IU.

Yeah this will certainly hurt this family & thousands of others.

Edited by Buck52