VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Results from email to VA secretary

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

I just wanted to share.

So far it seems my email to the VA secretary about my 4 year old NOD has produced no actual results. I emailed the VA secretary about my NOD over 2 months ago. I got a call from the RO office about a month after that. The guy on the phone was pleasant. He told me I was getting the call from him because of my email to the VA secretary and that my claim was pretty old. He had already assigned my claims to a female claims officer and they had most of my C&P exams. He also told me to expect results in about 30 days as this was a VA Secretary Inquiry case. After the phone call I faxed in all of my C&P exams.

Fast forward 40 days, I get another phone call from the same guy, going through a carbon copy of what he said the first time, almost word for word. I did not interrupt him as I wanted to see if this was another BS session.  He said they would assign a claims officer soon, and that they had gotten all of my C&P exams. Odd that they got all of my exams on the same day I had to send them to them. These exams are in the VA system, yet it seems they cannot get them all by themselves. I reminded him of our first conversation, and asked him what happened to the first claims officer that was assigned to my claims. He gave me no good answer. So, I am not very confident that my email to the VA secretary really did anything. I think the RO office is just going to call me every so often giving me a BS story, and my NOD will just languish as it would have without my email being sent. Well, at least the VA is consistent…

I actually moved from SOMD about the same time I became a member of DAV, so I don't have first hand experience with Ed. I just wanted to provide you with an alternative from having to travel to Bmore.

Also, on PAX River, there is a VA Rep. on the back side of the Subway building.

Newell Quinton

301-757-2250

newell.quinton@va.org

If you don't have Base access, he can get you a Visitors Pass. I do have some experience with him. Not with any claims but with filling out the form so I can have my property taxes waived for being 100% P&T. 

Unfortunately, Gastone is correct about it taking 4 years.  That is, while correct, totally unacceptable.  It should not take 4 years for a DRO review.  These are done at the RO, and there is no excuse for the RO delaying this 4 years, even tho these delays are "normal" for VA!  

I have often said the VA should make a personel switch, so that VA employees checks take 4 years, and Vets get paid in 2 weeks.  SOMEBODY manages to get employees paycheck processed with little or no glitches in 2 weeks, so why does it take 4 years for Vets?  

I think that NOT ONE VA EMPLOYEE should get paid until/unless ALL Veterans are paid.  

When I was in business, the owner (me) got paid LAST, and only if there was any money left over AFTER paying all the bills and the help.  

If you buy a hamburger at McDonalds, and it is too hot, too cold, or in anyway unaccptable, they make it right immediately.  Why should Vets deserve less???  This "no accountabilty" or "accountability at the VAOIG kangaroo court" is way beyond unaccptable.  Of course, we have no one to complain to except the VAOIG Kangaroo court which does "nothing".  

I too emailed the secretary and got a call from my RO. They basically told me that It's going to be at least another year but  they told me my number in line and there average completed DROs per month at my RO. I was ok with this answer, it provided a realistic time line. It was kind ok like ok I fought as best I could and now nothing to do to speed this up so time to wait. I've since been gathering more evidence for my claim.