VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved for PT now applying for Vachamp

I have just been made P and T back dated on Nov 2016. Since they weren't around I had to use Obamacare for the family and wife had our child this May. Is there a way to recoup those expenses since I didn't have it until I won my claim until today? Will I be approved for my familly now Im alittle impatient for the letter on Thursday I'm trying to get what i need to do since I have an appt at the Wilmington Va RO and Hospital.

Jfrie- the decision will have a P & T EED (Nov 2016,- that is also the CHAMPVA EED.

I dont know how the VA advises of the CHAMPVA benefit.It was not mentioned at all in my accrued benefit posthumous rating of my husband in 1997.

I received a separate letter from VA telling how to get the CHAMPVA application.

It is possible that CHAMPVA might reimburse any dependent's medical expenses back to Nov 2016.

But the best thing is when your spouse applies for CHAMPVA to read over their on line pdf pamphlet carefully. They will also send her a hard copy of it after she applies.

I was asked an odd question recently. Someone asked me if I marry a nice man I met-if I would still get DIC and I would. I am over 57. This reg is in our DIC forum.

But I dont know about the CHAMPVA benefit- I think that would cease. I am just mentioning that to remind myself to find out because it is something we and our spouses need to know.I don't want to get married.

Amen Breta! LOL - I actually get asked "If you marry, your spouse would get an ID card - Right?" - I usually answer - "you should ask a retired military person that is interested in getting married that question". I did not serve 22 years in the navy to be a "meal ticket" - My life is just beginning, as my awareness of how PTSD has robbed me of my past life. Life Balance. :) 

Ha!~   I Lolled at that one !!!!

I used to get letters annually  from VA to make sure basically,  I didn't have a man living here or a husband I didnt tell them about...I would say NO, No, No and are you Kidding? then sign it copy it and mail it back to them.

Unfortunately I might have to think about the "M" word.

I met a wonderful widower in my church 4 years ago.

It was obvious to the congregation that our relationship has changed a little.

Before our prayer meeting last week, (i had been to the VA cemetery )

one veteran member asked me how VA burial goes and I said I already have the deed for my plot on top of my husband but for all I know my daughter might take my ashes home to MD (she works forDOD) and then he said what about # 3, the man who likes me ( meaning what if I marry this guy ) but I said oh he wont be # 3. He seemed surprised but I had to add he would be husband # 4.

He raised a good point..... BF maybe but marriage??????

They were talking with our pastor about the next wedding in our church and it seemed the pastor kept looking at me...I said to someone I need to get out of here, went to get my car inspected and before I pulled out my kindle, I opened my mail, it had catalog of wedding rings in the mail , ? and then I looked at the dealer TV in the wait lobby and there was a bridal fashion show on.....and by then I think I had a major panic attack. I have been alone for over 22 years and I like it!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides SSA told me they didnt have room on my retirement SSA app for any more husbands ....he he -=the SSA person was kidding and said people would be surprised at how many seniors tie the knot.

geeeezzzzzzzzz    He hasnt even been to my home yet, maybe next week- I am so busy...and maybe when  he finds out how I really am, he might not come back........:wacko::wacko:

You Go Girl!

:rolleyes: I agree - 20 years  now - happy!  Blessed to have your camaraderie- Understanding why I "need" to be alone,"want" to be alone, seems foreign to most people. (w/o the understanding of PTSD dynamics) 

Berta, I dont usually give you advice..you are way, too smart.  But I have been there.  God will let you know if you are to remarry.  I will share my story.  After my divorce, I was looking for a new church since I did not want to explain to my friends why my ex and I were not together.  It was too painful.  

So, I went to a new church one week, and the pastor's sermon was when the pastor asked, "What is the first thing God saw that was "not good"?"   I thought, gee, I donk now.  Well, its "Not good for man to be alone".  (Genesis 2:18)

So, I took it God wanted me to remarry  and I did not want to do that, so I went to a different church, different pastor, the following Sunday.  Guess what his topic was:  How its not good for man to be alone, and how he made a helper for him.  OK, OK, I get it.  God wanted me to take a wife..it was too large of a coincidence for that to happen.  

I met "her" on a Christian dating web site.  

I discussed the above issue with her, and told her that God would give us a sign if he wanted us together.  The first time I visited my wife's home, there was a sign on the door, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord".    Sign number 2.  

My wife had lost her husband.  (She had not met me, yet).  The pastors wife came up to her and said, (Wife's name), there will be a new man in your life.  God told me this.  

Well, I knew we were to be together.  God gave us BOTH signs.  We have been together 11 years now.    Her daughter told me, just 2 days ago, "YOU are the best thing to ever happen to my mother, and she is happier now than she has EVER been".  

I dont know if God wants you to get married again or not, but he will give you a sign if it is to be so, BUT YOU DO NEED TO LOOK for the sign.  If you dont bother to watch the signs, you can miss your turnoff.    Dont miss your turnoff, read the signs.  

Discuss this with your man..make sure you are on the same page as far as faith, money, and, yes, children and grandchildren.  

Edited by broncovet