VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

any advice would be appreciated

Rate this question

tylerb333

Question

I was recently SC for PTSD as a result of military sexual trauma, 70 percent, and SC for Lumbosacral strain 20 percent.  I currently have a tinnitus and hearing loss appeal in.  I filed a NOD and asked for DRO.  Additionally I filed a secondary comp. claim for obsessive compulsive disorder and hep c, SMC for erectile dysfunction.  A week later I filed a claim asking for a raise of my service  connected rating and IU.  Voc rehab recently declared me unfeasible for its program and I submitted the unfeasible letter as proof for my IU.  Have I piled too much on too quickly?  My docs at the VA are now treating me for the Hep C.  MY PTSD symptoms are out of control, and I'll be attending Bay Pines in September.  I feel entitled to this compensation especially in light of my symptoms worsening.  Any advice on my winning my claim.m  And will I have to do a new C&P considering I just had one in march?  Whatcha think guys and gals?

additionally, i want to get the VA to give me a referral for a service dog, any ideas?  Who do I need to talk to?  Do they do service dogs for PTSD?  Or would it have to be solely for the physical disability?   

also I work for family 10 to 15 hours a week.  It isn't gainful and I suspect it ore so that my family can keep an eye on me.  Will this be a problem?  I make roughly a thousand dollars a month.

39 minutes ago, tylerb333 said:

also I work for family 10 to 15 hours a week.  It isn't gainful and I suspect it ore so that my family can keep an eye on me.  Will this be a problem?  I make roughly a thousand dollars a month.

This could be a problem for IU because IU is for unemployability  or you are not able to work

at nothing. Here is a few sites about dogs you can also check local in your area

http://www.hero-dogs.org/veterans/

http://www.patriotpaws.org/