VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO Review Timeline

Rate this question

angryemu

Question

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I was not able to find an answer anywhere else. 

After collecting dust for 480 days after filing an NOD with a DRO, my appeal has apparently entered a "Review" phase.  According to the VA rep, the electronic system had a new note entered into my file a few weeks back stating that a DRO had begun to review the file. Can anyone offer insight into how long it could take from here to get to a DRO decision? I understand it depends on what else the DRO has going on and how complicated my appeal is, just wanted to see what others' experience has been. 

Appreciate any feedback.

Please

On 6/16/2017 at 7:26 AM, ahergott61 said:

16 Jun 17

My NOD is still pending and as of 11 June is approaching 1000 days old and was sent to Houston TX VA office requesting a DRO.

It took 2 years and 4 months for the Houston office to look at the NOD. As Relayed to me by VSO, Houston VA Office then decide they could not manage in a reasonable time and outsourced claim to Newark, NJ.

As I understand, this allows the VA to restart the average processing time (records keeping time). Per VA Houston VSO, the average processing time is 289 days to make a DRO decision. Per VSO again, I was told that all information is on hand and DRO (would not tell me who) is pending decision 26 October 2016. Still no decision.

VA current completion date estimate is June 2018 to September 2021.  This means a 5 to 8 year decision time for my DRO then the appeal can go forward. 

I hired Hill and Ponton to assist in November who went out and got a new C-File. No visible or mentionable improvement or assistance at this time. 

Allen

Call (202) 530-9470 and Post your answers ask them what's going on O Calle after one month I had a hearing after 3'months no Hardship either  just talked about my issues. If you get answers please post I'm trying to promote these guys and increase their workload there's only 4 of the I know all of their names just from calling. They can help you get answers this number was given by one who was the head of a correct a claim by Ms Hickey whose no longer in here spot but they still help everyone tremendously... call and post I'm increasing my chance of not getting answered but if you get help I'm happy

jfrei, I called the 202 number and they were helpful. Told me a decision could be made any day, and to call back in a week if nothing happens. They mentioned that they typically won't take action until an appeal is over the 500 day mark.

Houston is rocking this.... mine was 370 days start to finish. Not bragging - Just a thought to give you HOPE. 

I think the answer to the turnover for the DRO ... is 1. How complicated is the claim 2. How many issues are involved & pending return from the other areas. jmo

Edited by L
added info

Angry, still in limbo, no real "DRO Review" Status?

I missed your answer to my prior post. You filed your NOD DRO Review based on what you considered to be the Raters failure to properly evaluate "Evidence of Record" already in your C-File. I think that is considered a "CUE" (Clear Unmistakable Error) Claim. Probably should have Filed it as New CUE Claim rather than a NOD DRO Review.

The problem you have, as I see it, is the "DRO Review" process. You filed the "Review" request, it goes to the BOTTOM of the RO DRO Review Request PILE. First Come, First Served!

You could be facing an Administrative Denial for failure to supply the VA Mandatory New & Material Evidence which is required for either the DRO Review or Hearing. Did you send copies of the respective "EOR" Medical Evidence that was either erroneously consider or missed altogether?

As I view my Crystal Ball, I see you either receiving a Retro Deposit or a Denial SOC sometime in the next 6 to 18 mos.

Semper Fi