• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

DRO Review Timeline

Question

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I was not able to find an answer anywhere else. 

After collecting dust for 480 days after filing an NOD with a DRO, my appeal has apparently entered a "Review" phase.  According to the VA rep, the electronic system had a new note entered into my file a few weeks back stating that a DRO had begun to review the file. Can anyone offer insight into how long it could take from here to get to a DRO decision? I understand it depends on what else the DRO has going on and how complicated my appeal is, just wanted to see what others' experience has been. 

Appreciate any feedback.

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I requested a DRO review on a claim that started in 2010. It sat for 3 years before it was ever touched. I was out of the Waco RO which apparently was one of the worst. I met with the DRO finally afte

Please Call (202) 530-9470 and Post your answers ask them what's going on O Calle after one month I had a hearing after 3'months no Hardship either  just talked about my issues. If you get answ

Six, appreciate the response. You validated the reason I took the NOD approach. Since NOD is time sensitive, decided to pursue that path with CUE as another option if things don't work out.  In the meantime I'll just stand in line with everyone else and try to be patient. 

iu nod dro 724 days now in florida st pete....voc rehab saying not feasible,qtc exam saying severe,smc a&a denied,,sha and sah grants denied...all added to iu nod dro claim just sitting waiting....called 1800 peggy, wh new number ,202 number ....nothing....hardship denied also............

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Combat eng
      If I file a NOD do I need to bring it to their attention that there was no mention of SSDI in the evidence section of my decision. How do I no if they considered it?
    • By Combat eng
      I checked my decision letter again and as I said before there is no mention of SSDI anywhere in the evidence section. I know that the VA had it because I sent the judge's ruling as a part of my packet. I appreciate all of your help, but I'm new at this. I've gotten myself this far but now I need assistance. I've got to look up all of the abbreviations you used to further understand. I have no way to scan my decision letter is there any other way? What is the difference between CUE and NOD, and do they both require new evidence?
    • By Combat eng
      I haven't worked since 2009 and was awarded SSDI in 2014. When I filed for TDIU I included my award letter from the SSA. There is no mention of SSDI or SSA in the evidence that the VA used to make their decision. I know they had it because I included it in my claims packet. The awards letter states vocational expert opinion and only include my service connected condition as the reason for me being granted SSDI. Should I see this in the evidence the VA used to make their decision?
    • By Combat eng
      I have received my denial letter yesterday for IU. I'm rated 30% for left knee replacement ,0% for right knee replacement  and 50% major depressive disorder. The VA replaced both knees in 2018, the left knee was service connected at the time. I tried to get the right knee rated as secondary but was denied. I have been receiving SSDI since 2014 solely as a result of the condition of my knees as stated in my award letter from the SSA. I don't no what my next move should be now. Should I hire a claims attorney and if so who? Need help badly. Thanks
    • By Dfinnusmc
      Hello all,
      I was re evaluated for PTSD this month and was raised to 100% for Combat related PTSD from 70% also made P&T,
      I have the Following conditions :
      Tinnitus 10%,Lumbar 10%,Radicuapathy-secondary 10%,Pes Cavus 30%,IBS 30%,Sleep apnea secondary to PTSD 50%,
      Should I be eligible for SMC-S Housebound ? I was  wondering if I should follow a NOD or submit a new Claim?
      Thank you for any guidance
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 7 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
    • Help HadIt.com stay online buy a subscription
      If you can afford it and want to help hadit.com consider buying a subscription this gives you as free viewing of the site and allows me to budget in subscription payments.

You can try it for 1 month for $5 or get a monthly subscription or a yearly subscription.

Subscribe here https://community.hadit.com/subscriptions/
      • 6 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines