VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO Review Timeline

Rate this question

angryemu

Question

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I was not able to find an answer anywhere else. 

After collecting dust for 480 days after filing an NOD with a DRO, my appeal has apparently entered a "Review" phase.  According to the VA rep, the electronic system had a new note entered into my file a few weeks back stating that a DRO had begun to review the file. Can anyone offer insight into how long it could take from here to get to a DRO decision? I understand it depends on what else the DRO has going on and how complicated my appeal is, just wanted to see what others' experience has been. 

Appreciate any feedback.

iu nod dro 724 days now in florida st pete....voc rehab saying not feasible,qtc exam saying severe,smc a&a denied,,sha and sah grants denied...all added to iu nod dro claim just sitting waiting....called 1800 peggy, wh new number ,202 number ....nothing....hardship denied also............

Hello Everyone,

Can some help understand how long this NOD for P&T takes. i am new to this and i have been searching online for information about this. i have check my ebenefits for status on my P&T and as of right now it states: Your NOD has been received by the RO. The RO will make a decision or develop the Statement of the Case (SOC) for your appeal. This means they review all of the evidence related to your appeal, including any new evidence you submit. When the SOC is prepared, you will receive a copy of it in the mail. its been over 5 months on this phase. i have called 1800 number and they told me its in NEwark Ro's hand....does any one know or have any clue on how long this will take..

Thanks

On 7/28/2017 at 4:32 PM, angryemu said:
On 9/11/2017 at 6:50 AM, el3venbravo said:

Hello Everyone,

Can some help understand how long this NOD for P&T takes. i am new to this and i have been searching online for information about this. i have check my ebenefits for status on my P&T and as of right now it states: Your NOD has been received by the RO. The RO will make a decision or develop the Statement of the Case (SOC) for your appeal. This means they review all of the evidence related to your appeal, including any new evidence you submit. When the SOC is prepared, you will receive a copy of it in the mail. its been over 5 months on this phase. i have called 1800 number and they told me its in NEwark Ro's hand....does any one know or have any clue on how long this will take..

Thanks

Honestly I not sure why it's taking this long even without a hardship on my NOD I was approved for P and T at the Philadelphia RO in 4 weeks when issuing me a SOC they changed their decision to a grant. So I would contact whoever you had file the NOD and read what he wrote on the NOD and know what evidence they have to prove your case it's sad that the burdens on you to show how P and T you are. I'm not sure  if you ever used the IRIS sending message thing before but you might get more info from that? What are you claiming is P and T?

Edited by jfrei

Your VSO HQ office at your RO has direct access not only to your C-File but also just a walk down the hall to the DRO doing your Review. Might be time for you to set up an appointment with the VSO Honcho, have a face to face while he reviews your C-File status.

Is there a chance that your RO was so backlogged (Check the Monday Morning Report for your RO) that your NOD was brokered to another RO?

My Det RO DRO Hearing (06/14) took 4.25 yrs, I'd filed an Official request for an "Informal DRO Evidence Conference" about 4 mos before I got the Hearing Date notification. Consider giving it a try. I went Informal at the DRO Hearing, got the DRO Award Letter that same afternoon.              With DRO Reviews, you never really know when the DRO did the Review. If Awarded, the Retro Deposit will be your 1st notification, followed or preceded by an E-Ben update. The actual Award Letter could take a couple months. If Denied, the DRO has to complete an SOC, which will take longer.                                                                                                                                                               If your NOD is just now being Reviewed, could be another 6 to 9+ months for the actual Award or Denial/SOC to arrive.                                                                             Semper Fi

Thanks Guys.  My Nod has been in Newark NJ RO since July and it has been in review phase from that time. so i am assuming that I should be getting my letter with a soc in few months. thanks again. also. does any one have a phone number for Newark NJ Ro office...

Edited by el3venbravo

Here is my DRO review timeline.

NOD and DRO review request - 11/27/2015

Statement of Case received 09/24/2017 (667 days), all claims denied for no service connection

The frustrating part is that it took 667 days for the VA to not review my new and material evidence that was submitted...