VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Decision

Rate this question

porgee

Question

BVA granted me and effective date of 2003 in the decision but only paid me back until

2004 one year short and only to say they made a mistake in the first decision. The Judge made

a mistake but this was the year I ask for in NOD. The 6 digit retro is nice but 1 year short and now 

another 5 years of appeals or leave it alone??  It took 9 years in appeals for this only to

get shorted one year. I might let it go tired of fighting the ""goberment'' not goverment

The only thing I can say is every lawyer has a different opinion on different cases

My brother attorney deducted the $1075.00 from the attorney fees from his award. 6 digits award

The court decides what you are paid from my understanding. You can file for 10 grand doesn't

mean you will get it from the court .I will try to get a copy of payments from EAJA fees but my brother

trust his attorney in wish all us should do if you attain an attorney make sure you trust his decisions 

on your claims

V-US, I must have missed the part about Porgee's brother's lawyer deducting the $1075.00 from his award Escrow. Maybe that was his 20% agreed fee and he didn't actually get a BVA Denial and an eventual award or Remand from the CAVC.

Porgee, could you post his BVA/CAVC Docket number?

semper Fi

V-US, I must have missed the part about Porgee's brother's lawyer deducting the $1075.00 from his award Escrow. Maybe that was his 20% agreed fee and he didn't actually get a BVA Denial and an eventual award or Remand from the CAVC.

Porgee, could you post his BVA/CAVC Docket number?

Semper Fi

Thought this was posted 06/15

V-US, Porgee, just came across this 2003 CAVC Legal Fee Award for a Non-Lawyer Practioner wth over 20+ years of Vet representation.  The CAVC appears to be able to go above the $125 per Hr Lawyer Fee on a case by case basis.

Pentecost_00-2083E.pdf

you don't need a docket # to know you didn't understamd the process  maybe get the books 

and read them might help you to understand the process as the attorney suggested. Might help

My case after talking with a couple attorney, they will represent me on the decisions

the judge or RO changing the judge decision. They seems to think they can get this

decision in my favor, it is only 1 year retro but they like the case.I JUST don't know.

One more thing always read your decision 2-4 times because you may have miss

something I miss the decision was P&T with Child Education benefits but the attorney

says I should get another decision showing P&T .The decision say educational

benefits only.  

Edited by porgee