VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans "gaming" the system for PTSD claims?

Rate this question

Jimmer

Question

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share with you a article that I read on military.com in which a Bruce (whatever his last name is) testified to a group on how the veterans are "gaming" the system, and getting PTSD claims approved.  First of all, I would like to meet this guy face-to-face and tell him what an idiot he is. (I would like to do more, but restraint  would be necessary).  First of all a V.A. doctor has to determine that you have PTSD, not someone from the outside.  Does this clown think the V.A. doctors are willing to "look the other way" on claims?  Quite the opposite.  Then you have to have a "stressor", that ties the PTSD with an military event related to the PTSD.  It took me four years to get PTSD disability, and the V.A. went thru everything with a fine tooth comb.  Lucky, I c-file confirmed my "stressor", and I had been going to the V.A. mental health facilities, meeting with various doctors, sessions, etc.  I still see them three times a month, and take five different  medications.  This guy, Bruce, based his information on veterans talking to one other about applying, saying it was easy, blah, blah, blah.  I don't know of any vet that has received disability compensation for PTSD, that had an easy road, and I have talked to a lot of them.   It is comments like this, that really anger, me, and gives the false impression, that vets are just "scamming" the system, and a way to give fuel to cut disability benefits.   I would love to here you comments, especially those of you getting PTSD disability benefits.  I am sure you did not have any easy road, the V.A. makes sure of that!

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, Jimmer said:

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share with you a article that I read on military.com in which a Bruce (whatever his last name is) testified to a group on how the veterans are "gaming" the system, and getting PTSD claims approved.  First of all, I would like to meet this guy face-to-face and tell him what an idiot he is. (I would like to do more, but restraint  would be necessary).  First of all a V.A. doctor has to determine that you have PTSD, not someone from the outside.  Does this clown think the V.A. doctors are willing to "look the other way" on claims?  Quite the opposite.  Then you have to have a "stressor", that ties the PTSD with an military event related to the PTSD.  It took me four years to get PTSD disability, and the V.A. went thru everything with a fine tooth comb.  Lucky, I c-file confirmed my "stressor", and I had been going to the V.A. mental health facilities, meeting with various doctors, sessions, etc.  I still see them three times a month, and take five different  medications.  This guy, Bruce, based his information on veterans talking to one other about applying, saying it was easy, blah, blah, blah.  I don't know of any vet that has received disability compensation for PTSD, that had an easy road, and I have talked to a lot of them.   It is comments like this, that really anger, me, and gives the false impression, that vets are just "scamming" the system, and a way to give fuel to cut disability benefits.   I would love to here you comments, especially those of you getting PTSD disability benefits.  I am sure you did not have any easy road, the V.A. makes sure of that!

I am drawing PTSD benefits.  It was ten years before the benefit was awarded and the VA called me every derogatory diagnosis in the book before the award was made.  As many others I would rather have my life back and not be considered a special risk for suicide (VA doctor's evaluation).

I did not know Mr Cripps had “never served or been in Vietnam”, or that he was a Game Warden as his military duty, with a history of acne. I was blown away by reading the award, absolutely floored. Not to say he doesn’t deserve it at all, just the opposite. It’s the corrupt people in these organizations like the VFW or DAV that get me, and the opposite ends of the spectrum of these Judges. I want to sue the VFW and DAV for their deception and collaboration with those corrupt VA Executives in denying my records still, to this very day. I only have some of them, because they are hiding the evidence that they were negligent, incompetent, untrained, unskilled, and screwed thousands and thousands of Veterans out of Billions and Billions of dollars in Benefits. Thanks to you all. 

6 hours ago, Berta said:

Buck- what attorney will be on the radio show?

The format as I understand  it will be James Cripps( first CONUS AO VET) and Ray Cobb:

"Wehave James Cripps and Ray Cobb as guests. We will be discussing the Robbing Peter to Pay Paul Bill or hb 299 and the atrocity in Arkansas where a Pathologist has killed veterans."

in the podcast forum here

Berta.

what was the time again for the podcast? I would like to call in and speak to James or the Attorney if possible. I think James deserves his benefits, but I am curious about who represented him. If he was exposed, he deserves everything he got, and maybe more, but his attorney seems to have gotten him justice. 

Whats hard to wrap my head around is the BVA ignoring my service medical records as a nexus. I had direct contact with AO as well, but I can’t prove it. I was hospitalized a month with a skin disease until it cleared up enough to send me “HOME AWAITING ORDERS”, then to the second medical board, which was an Army scam to cover up the truth that Agent Orange was a destructive agent, especially because of the Dioxin.

I received the denial today which gave me a year to disagree. This is without a doubt designed to drag out until the Veteran’s death or 5 to 10 more years, which ever comes first. It is a death sentence either way because I can’t make it 5 more years and they know it. I have had too many strokes, too much pain everywhere, and tired of going to the doctors for skin cancer removals. 

Whether I ever get an increase, unemployability, 100% SC, is beside the point because It’s too late for me, but my kids are affected, and the VA is responsible, and denied SC all my life, which screwed them over. I need to get the story of VA corruption out there for young veterans, giving them a heads up of what the VA will do to deceive them, how they will lie and alter information. The DoD is the most powerful organization in the world, and the VA is their baby, and will do anything (ANYTHING) to cover for it. It’s a wonder I haven’t been whacked, by trying to get Service Connection for Agent Orange Overseas. Getting it in the CONUS doesn’t affect foreign claims, where mine does, and the VA AIN’T HAVING ANY OF THAT! They have lied and deceived for 47 years, and always will. It can not be stopped. 

Forget it. I’ll just get upset and I am so tired of this deceit and lies that nothing is worth it anymore. I will get an attorney locally very soon, I hope. The ticker could quit anytime, so I have to move. Thanks to all.

victor ray

• HadIt.com Elder

Victor hang in there my friend  all is not lost  and you have everything to gain  just never give up. this can all be figured out .

Just need a good Attorney or VA Rep with some  good sense and experience.  you will get your Justice.

I am so sorry and I apologize  I meant John Dorle  eh!...for some reason I was thinking about John I guess? ..but its actually Ray Cobb  James Neighbor and also Veteran buddy.

I just got mixed up, but never the less James Cripps is easy to understand the way he puts things in its perspective about these claims,  he has earned is due  with the Battles he fought with the VA, And it probably was not an easy chore but he prevailed against the VA..and won his claims  buy research and reading the CFR's Diagnostic codes rating criteria for each claim he had filed.

James speaks with Authority Loud and Clear...Maybe Alex will be on too and Msberta  either way Victor you will be in good company  as Jbasser and Jerald Cook Also will have some good insight for advise.

The radio Show is this Thrusday the 12th (July) at 6:00pm eastern time and 7:00pm central.

dial the # 347-237-4819 and wait for the Cue  and then Jerald will get with you.

Usually if they don't know something you ask  they will certainly find out  that's whats great about this show..the Information we get from these guys is priceless.

Edited by Buck52

Thanks Buck. 

I thought it was 7pm, but wasn’t 100%. I will definately listen, but I can see there isn’t much hope left because the VA is dishonest, and I don’t have another decade left. The dirty VA has hidden documentation and altered some others, so it’s a loser no matter what. Agent Orange Exposure in the US has nothing to do with Vietnamese deaths, disabilities, or any medical conditions claimed and even though I was hospitalized for permanent internal injury and external skin disease in Vietnam, it was still in Vietnam and the VA simply says, “Not Service Connected”. 

To connect my injuries to Agent Orange in Vietnam means the Vietnamese people around me were more likely than not also exposed. They were! Hell yes they were and anyone with eyes could see the diseased dogs with only patches of hair on their bones, chickens with only half their feathers hanging on but sticking in every direction, and the poor poor people. It was bad and everything was sick. The VA does not want my hospitalization, my skin disease, my illnesses associated with Vietnamese people’s illnesses that were claimed, so they sacrificed me and my injuries. They played it down as much as possible, kept giving me malaria medicine for malaria, but by the time I got to the infectious disease ward in Chicago, they reported that I said I broke out everytime I took the malaria pills. All a crock of crap. Outright lies.

A year for the NOD, 3 to 8 years to be heard, forget it. It’s a death sentence and I will use that time to educate others of do’s and dont’s in military disabilities on a YouTube Channel while. I saw my sisters boyfriend in Long Binh just before I was evacuated out who said he saw my condition in a lot of guys in the bush, but in Japan they said I was the 5th guy to have the condition. I haven’t seen him but one time after Vietnam in my home town, but I wish the Army could find him and ask him about seeing me there. I was in a blue hospital gown and came back here in it.

It’s a real stinking dirty deal, and the VA pulled some real dishonest disgusting raters out of the poop pile, and I hope they get what they deserve. They f’ed up my life and cheated my kids and grandkids out of a fortune in benefits, and I hope somebody pays for it. My documents are going out all over the place, but I can’t post them all here for obvious reasons. Ok, thanks Buck.

I will be listening........Victor

• HadIt.com Elder

I do understand your frustration and anger at he VA system And the military..but you must never give up fight them with your last breath.

if you win most of your claims  they may pay you back for any education cost you paid out for your children  and get the benefits like every other veteran and your retro pay  all this can happen  with the right people in your corner.

you may need to keep all your receipts for proof and also medicine you buy out of pocket  if you get 100% p&t  & warded ChampVA for spouse and education allowance for your children  if you have medical receipts  they will re-inverse you for all that over the years...but they can&should  pay you back if your claims are adjudicated back to the correct dates.

VA Wants you to give up...Don't let that happen if you do They Win.

Edited by Buck52