VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Little confused maybe some one can give me the heads up

Rate this question

robert51

Question

So maybe I did panic a little about the new budget proposal to cut IU so I contacted a vet rep and told him.. Of course he said probably wont be passed .. waste of time they could lower your rating if you ask more ..PTSD 70% TP and IU for over 10 years.. just wait and see if it passes then file ... OK and what would you do if it passes..??  well I am already 100% so it don't affect me.. ,, OK how about I file for other stuff there are a few solid things I never filed for because I received IU and did not want to clog up the system for other guys..  Sure if you want to but first I need a POA , I go on line find one and send to him... Well I need this POA and I see number 14 check this box to allow this organization to change the veterans address at any time.. <<<  Why do they need to do that seems over the top ?  So if this don't work out can a vet file his own claims and is there a generic form to use from the VA ? and does it need to be in tech terms... One I will file for is my back and right hip crunched up pretty good during a crash in a UH1 I was wearing front and back chicken plates and had a skid crushing landing ... Second is my lungs always bad JP-4 and or Agent orange .. ?? don't smoke and still huffing and puffing at times .. leaking heart valve its there but not bad enough yet to do anything , I was sick in viet nam don't know why but 6 days in long bin woke up in a tub packed in ice but tied down .. temp over 105 they said not sure why . I know I need to get to 95% to make up for the 30% not there tired of wondering when and if .. and suggestions on how I would write up this stuff to ask for a CP

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You might have had malaria in Vietnam

Do you have ischemic heart disease?

Va will rate malaria residuals...if SC is proven for the malaria in service.

Do you have a copy of your SMRs?

"malaria infections cause symptoms like the flu, such as a high fever, chills, and muscle pain. ... Some types of malaria may cause more serious problems, such as damage to the heart, lungs, kidneys, or brain. These types can be deadly."

Malaria-Topic Overview - WebMD

www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/malaria-topic-overview
Edited by Berta

well they should have the records I would think sure never thought of that thanks for the heads up   ,, all these years I have at times offered to donate at blood drives and the va always says thanks but no thanks I though it was from years ago doing drugs.. maybe there is something I don't know about...

Edited by robert51

Have you ever been screened for Hep C?

Have you gone over your blood chem med recs to see if anything is either too high or too low a value?

HealthEVet has this info for you. You can pull up the labs in the blue button report, see if they tested for it and what the results were. usually if your liver enzymes (AST and ALT) are elevated, they do the Hep tests. 

If you have hepatitis that is something to think about claiming...if you can establish a service nexus.