VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

WH Vets Complaint Hot Line -request

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Is anyone here interested in supporting this part of my recent letter to Sec Shulkin/ copy to President Trump?

This is just one excerpt. There were other areas of deficiency I wrote about.

Would you add a brief reply to this thread is you have had the same problem Sue Edel had. I post this today in a reply to her but I would like some support on the board here, from anyone else who has had this problem and how long it took them to finally read your evidence and award the claim.

Also how many here are planning on, or already did, calling the White House hot line for vets. 855-948-2311

My letter focused on 3 issues.....1. the established fact that ROs do not always read our most probative evidence, and how that causes the backlog to grow.

2. Sensitive info on VA malpractice issues, not appropriate to put here ,  and the third issue directly involved a VARO director who does not know how to read the regulations.

The  C & P problem is next for me....the main reason, if you do get a rater who can read your evidence, is what causes most denials,  inadequate or incompetent C & P exams...

Can you reply here ASAP? They are going over my recent conversation and the letter I sent to them....and I will hear back soon  from the Sec's office or the White House.....

"I also am the surviving spouse of Rodney F. Simmons, Vietnam (USMC), who is dead due to VA health care ( FTCA/Section 1151 award- proof available if requested.) Subsequently ,I also proved that VA malpracticed on two Agent Orange conditions as well, that were found to contribute to his untimely death.

Claimants have the ability to file a CUE claim ( CUE- clear and unmistakable error- 38 USC 5109) on any unappealed decision that they feel was wrong due to one or more specific  legal errors the VA made in that decision  that prevented them from attaining a proper monetary service connected award.

Just about every decision I received as a widow from the Buffalo VARO was wrong and often  only when I filed a CUE claim.

But I also have had success in filing this type of claim within the appellate period, under the auspices of 39 USC 5109, most recent in March 2015 when I received a denial ,that upon receipt of my CUE, was reversed about 4 weeks later in April 2015. I have been successful with this tactic before and find that 2 vet reps have also used it because they must have read my explanation on the large web site for veterans that I have been a volunteer at, for 20 years.

I suggest that a Fast Letter be prepared to go to all VA Regional Offices and all Veterans Service Organizations, stating that:

Upon receipt of any Regional Office decision that contains a valid and legal CUE either due to a violation of the VCAA ( 5103 Waiver) ,thus due process violation, that caused a CUE to occur in the decision, or due to the wrong diagnostic code on the rating sheet or due to any failure to consider probative evidence the claimant has supplied to them, or any other legal error that was detrimental to the claimant, the claimant and/or their POA representative  should  file a CUE claim immediately, asking the VA to correct the error.

The Claim must conform to CUE criteria as to identifying the exact legal error and how that error is detrimental to the veteran."

Edited by Berta

bump........anyone?????

I'm having problems figuring exactly what you're asking-

Two of these, I'm not sure I have direct knowledge of- one you can't mention.

#1, I will say the service center manager told me that deferrals were a big problem for her, where one VSR had an 85% deferral rate (Not reading STRs; missing in-service disabilities to get the Vet an exam). Next words out of her mouth were that we had to work faster!!!

You're not going to win with greedy, narcissistic  little non-Veteran kine in charge of the VA. That needs to be #1 priority, not perverted x-ray techs.

the established fact that ROs do not always read our most probative evidence, and how that causes the backlog to grow.

2. Sensitive info on VA malpractice issues, not appropriate to put here ,  and the third issue directly involved a VARO director who does not know how to read the regulations.

The  C & P problem is next for me

I guess I should say-has anyone here called the WH Hot line or will be doing that.?Can anyone support what I said about the # 1 backlog issue above?

That alone would be great.

They would be giving their own experience on that- VA failing to read their evidence.

Feel free to  use my  name Berta Simmons from NY and refer them to a letter Pres Trump and Sec Shulkin has on that # 1 issue among other things from me...and how that can be rectified. There are issues I see here daily that the VA and the Hot Line in the White House want to know of.

Oh, OK

Have you ever heard a story like this:

eBenefits announced award, next day, the very next day, the retro was deposited.

I'd written a very good (evidently) complaint to the WH - fully justified in spades.

It works.

GREAT Mike!

Bumping up again

VA White House Hot Line. -855-948-2311

If you are calling about your claim, they will give you a claims person.(not from VA) 

I was calling about issues ,as an advocate, that affect all vets and their survivors.I realize that call was much longer then I first thought.about 45 minutes. 

The woman (who took notes, but I assume taped the call as well, and also brought up some of my VA stuff from the VA PC ,told me my call was about all the things the President needs to know.And Sec. Shulkin.

The hot line is to help identify areas that VA has failed veterans and other claimants in...it could be the claims process, their medical care, anything that the President and the VA Secretary need to know….

They cannot REFORM VA without all of YOU!