VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

WH Vets Complaint Hot Line -request

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Is anyone here interested in supporting this part of my recent letter to Sec Shulkin/ copy to President Trump?

This is just one excerpt. There were other areas of deficiency I wrote about.

Would you add a brief reply to this thread is you have had the same problem Sue Edel had. I post this today in a reply to her but I would like some support on the board here, from anyone else who has had this problem and how long it took them to finally read your evidence and award the claim.

Also how many here are planning on, or already did, calling the White House hot line for vets. 855-948-2311

My letter focused on 3 issues.....1. the established fact that ROs do not always read our most probative evidence, and how that causes the backlog to grow.

2. Sensitive info on VA malpractice issues, not appropriate to put here ,  and the third issue directly involved a VARO director who does not know how to read the regulations.

The  C & P problem is next for me....the main reason, if you do get a rater who can read your evidence, is what causes most denials,  inadequate or incompetent C & P exams...

Can you reply here ASAP? They are going over my recent conversation and the letter I sent to them....and I will hear back soon  from the Sec's office or the White House.....

"I also am the surviving spouse of Rodney F. Simmons, Vietnam (USMC), who is dead due to VA health care ( FTCA/Section 1151 award- proof available if requested.) Subsequently ,I also proved that VA malpracticed on two Agent Orange conditions as well, that were found to contribute to his untimely death.

Claimants have the ability to file a CUE claim ( CUE- clear and unmistakable error- 38 USC 5109) on any unappealed decision that they feel was wrong due to one or more specific  legal errors the VA made in that decision  that prevented them from attaining a proper monetary service connected award.

Just about every decision I received as a widow from the Buffalo VARO was wrong and often  only when I filed a CUE claim.

But I also have had success in filing this type of claim within the appellate period, under the auspices of 39 USC 5109, most recent in March 2015 when I received a denial ,that upon receipt of my CUE, was reversed about 4 weeks later in April 2015. I have been successful with this tactic before and find that 2 vet reps have also used it because they must have read my explanation on the large web site for veterans that I have been a volunteer at, for 20 years.

I suggest that a Fast Letter be prepared to go to all VA Regional Offices and all Veterans Service Organizations, stating that:

Upon receipt of any Regional Office decision that contains a valid and legal CUE either due to a violation of the VCAA ( 5103 Waiver) ,thus due process violation, that caused a CUE to occur in the decision, or due to the wrong diagnostic code on the rating sheet or due to any failure to consider probative evidence the claimant has supplied to them, or any other legal error that was detrimental to the claimant, the claimant and/or their POA representative  should  file a CUE claim immediately, asking the VA to correct the error.

The Claim must conform to CUE criteria as to identifying the exact legal error and how that error is detrimental to the veteran."

Edited by Berta

Buck I posted somewhere here the statement Shulkin made on backing off on this idea,I also heard him state his intent to back off at the annual Reps-Dems ball game, multiple vet orgs- ( Stars and Stripes, Military.com, etc etc) have posted the demise of this snafu,

and VBN at Yuku has moved all further discussions on it to their Social forum.They have far more important issues for vets to deal with in their main forums.

Here is  S & S's article on his recent testimony, referring to this issue.

https://www.stripes.com/news/va-backs-off-budget-proposal-to-cut-benefits-for-disabled-unemployable-vets-1.473551#.WUz6O2jytnI

I posted either his entire Press Release here or had a link to it at the VA web site.

I spent over a half an hour this AM trying to find it here and also in my email--but I think I probably deleted it. I get email from VA almost every day and just save the important stuff

It was in Press Release email from the VA .

Every vet org on line , and the Big Six orgs on line, all had a Reliable source as I did here. The reliable source was Secretary Shulkin. 

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

These are only my opinions

And yes I understand Ms berta and I agree that you posted this press release.

I read it, I've read a lot of these press release statements.

I get them too) and the president Agenda/Iteniary  for everyday from 1600 Pennsylvania  Ave. Washington DC  From a news media team. I can't remember off the top of my head exactly who or what media but today when I get it I'll let you know who? and send you the link.

We truly can't be Assuming what the VA Secretary/or POTUS is going to do in regards to a Withdraw or Expunge  to this proposal until it actually happens.

These were just statements of fact  nothing in writing about the proposal to be with drawn, only speculation in respect to the VA Secretary comments...''.things like he said he would not do any thing to hurt veterans'' ect,,ect,,  until he says  /or POTUS mentions will with drawn this IU Proposal/Pevision is what I want to hear and read about.

but I did get a confirmation this AM about the decision to with draw this provision and another prevision's put into place  to help meet the presidents proposed budget Cuts and to be presented to the POTUS on Aug 6TH 2017 for him to sign into law.

So we all will know by Aug of this year what is actually going to happen with this IU Budget Cut.

I just hope and pray the President listens to this new budget reform from the legislation committee people that have study this budget to get what the president expects out of all these previsions  to meet his proposals.

Buck within minutes, Sec Shulkin or someone from VA will be on Fox with Pete Hegseth (I hope I didnt miss it- ) and it is the Accountability Bill that should impact the VA  budget-

not only does Sec Shulkin have my strong statement to him on one way that would save VA millions..but .also by getting rid of the well paid dead weight at VAROs and other VA departments who are just waiting for their FERs retirement and know at this point, no matter how they screw up, they would still have a job. It is the accountability bill and the sensitive issue I wrote to Sec and pres about and their idea to utilize many many buildings on VA land that are not being used at all by VA, that will develop a good budget...equitable to veterans and in time, could produce more opportunities for VA to save money.

We have 4 beautiful large homes ,for example at the Bath VA. Former directors as well as a VA employee friend of mine rented those homes from VA. Now the homes are empty---and could easily be used for homeless veterans......Hegseth is on Fox ( Ch 360) hope VA news comes next.......

Even our Bath VAMC hospital has plenty of empty space---and since NYSDVA rents a small  home next to the Chapel with one state vet rep ( they used to have 4-5) other entities could easily rent space at my VAMC for offices in a beautiful surrounding, geared to veterans or even the private sector.....

they do not have to look to any type of compensation at all to develop a very viable budget.

It was brief from Pete....President Trump will sign the Accountability Act later today.

Whistleblower protection., better health care, and a firing process of VA incompetents that overrides the union's power.( which has kept the VA down for decades. AFGE.

I dont forget that both POTUS and Shulkin are civilians, but Trump went to a Military school ,- so my point is-even civilians can learn  a lot about what the military teaches us as well as learn VA case law and they are both on a VA 101 learning curve. 

It is going to be Veterans that will teach them by contacting the Secretary or the WH hot line, ( and civilians like me- a very proud Honors graduate of the American Military University- which has enhanced my ability here in more ways then I could say-)

I feel optimistic for the first time in decades that all of us can make the VA Great!

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Me too Ms T

I doubt it will make it. After the President is filled in why he should not even consider this IU budget cut...but like you I need to see this in public viewing.

so we all can stop stressing out about it once and for All  

Hell I may need to file a claim for this  it has my Anxiety level through the roof.eh!