VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Submitting a DBQ for increase

Rate this question

usmc2511

Question

When I submit my DBQ for an increase on an already SC'd condition and include diagnostic testing and diagnostic imaging to back up the reason for the increase, do I need to send all of my records from that private docs office? If I don't send all my records, will the rater request all my records anyway? I just don't want to slow my claim down or send useless info if this is not even going to come into play for the increase. I've been told just send enough info to help the rater make a decision on the claim, and not to over do it and piss the rater off, or make it more difficult for the rater and cause them to accidentally misplace info. Thanks 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, usmc2511 said:

When I submit my DBQ for an increase on an already SC'd condition and include diagnostic testing and diagnostic imaging to back up the reason for the increase, do I need to send all of my records from that private docs office? If I don't send all my records, will the rater request all my records anyway? I just don't want to slow my claim down or send useless info if this is not even going to come into play for the increase. I've been told just send enough info to help the rater make a decision on the claim, and not to over do it and piss the rater off, or make it more difficult for the rater and cause them to accidentally misplace info. Thanks 

My plan is to submit my DBQ, which is favorable to me, and my testing to include ENG/VNG which has gotten much worse since 2015, my audiogram( also worse) and a CT and MRI of my head, brain, and IAC to rule out any central issues. Just went to appointment on Thursday of last week and he said every symptom I have is related to menieres, no central issues involved. My hearing test shows classic menieres with sensioneural left hearing loss in low frequencies. Just wonder if this will be enough to rate, or if they want my entire medical record from my private doc. 

Submit the DBQ w/records to document treatment history by non VA MD. This is vital info needed to determine the condition rating.
Don't be surprised if they still send you to do a C&P exam, so make sure you take the records to that evaluation also. Include a statement from you to ask for increase, document reasons, quote the CFR that you think allows for the increase as well. Don't get all doctory with them in the statement, lay verbiage is all you want to use, let the Dr do the fancy stuff.  Just tell it like you understand it in basic terms.