VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I FAX Claim data to Providence RI Regional Office?

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

I have several NOD’s at the Providence RI RO. When I am able to contact this regional office to ask about my NOD’s, they tell me a variety of tales about my NOD’s. Sometimes they say they have all the data, then other times they say they are missing data, things like medical records, C&P exams… I have already sent in all of my claim data to the VA’s Claims intake center, I just don’t have any proof that that data has made it into my VA records. Should I also send my claim data to the Providence RI Regional Office?  

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You do have the US Mail Cert Mail-Return Receipts for all your Evidence submissions, correct?

How about providing a NOD Filing Timeline?

"Several NODs," when and what Appeal route did you choose, DRO Review, Hearing or BVA?

If you haven't already done so, you could Fax a FOIA request for your C-file. It will take anywhere up to 14 months to arrive, but the searchable CD will have all C-File "EOR" (Evidence of Record) up to your FOIA Filing Date.

Have you discussed this "EOR" concern with your VSR? My understanding is that POA-VSR's have direct computer access to your C-File. Do you have any reason to question the VA's receipt of your New & material Evidence?

Semper Fi

Everything should be sent to the "Evidence Intake Center"   If you dont send it there, dont be suprised if VA does not know anything about it, 2 years down the road.  Also, the NOD needs to be on the appropriate form:  https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0958-ARE.pdf

Doing it other than this, is unlikely to yield you a favorable result.  

Have the RO decision "in your hand" and make a point to "refute" their reasons and bases for denial.  Dont give your opinion, but rather cite a regulation or evidence document to support your position.  For example:

The VARO decision dated 1-14-2017 stated, "there is no evidence to support a diagnosis of PTSD".   However, Dr. P, in an exam dated 12-15-16 stated, "The Veteran suffers from PTSD".  

Did you notice that my opinion was not there..but instead I cited the medical evidence?  Tatoo this on your arm, if need be, to remember it:  

THE VA DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOUR OPINION IS.

Edited by broncovet

Gastone,

I sure do have the US Mail Cert Mail-Return Receipts for all of my Evidence submissions. Sad thing is, I spoke with a local VA employee months after I got this receipt for evidence submissions, and he told me this data was not in my record. So I resubmitted. Then later on, I went to my C&P exams for these NOD’s, the nurse practitioner also told me she did not see this data in my file.

I filed a NOD via a "de novo" review by a Decision Review Officer (DRO) back in 2015. My original claims were submitted back in FEB2013.

I have submitted my FOIA request for my C-file about a year ago, so far nothing has come from this.

My VSR is the DAV. The DAV has been of NO help to me,… ever.

I am concerned about the VA’s receipt of my evidence because of what I said in the above statement, and every time I ask the VA about this data, I get different answers, they have it, they don’t have it, they have some of it, they are waiting on it…

From what I understand (And hope) my NOD’s have been assigned to a RO at the Providence RI office for rating purposes. I get cryptic answers from the Providence RI RO concerning my claim data I have submitted to the VA. They have it, they don’t have it, and they are waiting on it. I have sent my data to the VA intake center several times, and have FAXed it to them several times. Yet I still don’t know if this info has really been entered into my file. (Reasons I have already stated). This is why I am wondering if I should send this info to the VA office that is handling my NOD’s. If it disappears again I have lost nothing as I have already submitted this info to the official intake center. I don’t think sending another copy to the VA intake center will solve anything. 

What do you think?