VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TL 02-04 Training letter on intervertebral disc syndrome (October 24, 2002)

Beats me....I just found it for you.

https://community.hadit.com/topic/4827-vike-and-all-new-ivds-training-letter-info/

There is much discussion here on this TL and yet I had o go hrough many posts to find it.

It has helped Many!

Sorry it took me so long to find it.

The ROs were interpreting it wrong....I think by now they might understand it well. 

Thanks Berta, but it seems this link is defunct. In fact, I have tried many links on this site and others with the same results. I've Googled til I dropped. I was wondering if anyone had an actual "word" document copy of this letter?

Yeah--I couldn;t open the pdf but our beloved deceased member Carlie posted the whole Training Letter here further down in thread.....:

The VA is still adjudicating this disability wrong. In this recent case the  BVA SCed the veteran’s sleep apnea to his IVDS.

They remanded  as well for a proper IVDS rating .

In 2017 there are 4298 decisions under IVDS DC 5243

Here is one of them:

In part…

"Based on all the evidence of record, and resolving all doubt in favor of the Veteran, the Board finds that the Veteran is precluded from securing and following substantially gainful employment due to the effects of his service-connected disabilities, specifically his low back condition, right knee, and right ankle disabilities.  The Board finds that the evidence supports that he would be unable to perform labor akin to that which he is educated and trained to perform.  Therefore, the Board concludes that TDIU is warranted.

ORDER

Entitlement to an evaluation of greater than 20 percent for service-connected multi-level degenerative disc disease is denied.

Entitlement to a total rating for compensation purposes based on individual unemployability due to service-connected disabilities (TDIU) is granted."

There are 4,298 IVDS decisions at the BVA.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files1/1705142.txt

In this above case, the VA actually had tried to reduce the 20% at one point ! We deal with idiots at ROs who have caused the backlog and have been the biggest detriment to veterans along with the VA paid C & P examiners.

This award was an extraschedular grant.

Maybe Jerrel Cook do a radio show sometime on Extraschedular.

here is the link to the BVA search feature IVDS DC 5243 for 2017..only 102 2017 decisions.

https://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva_search.jsp?QT=invertebral+disc+&EW=DC+5243&AT=&ET=&RPP=10&DB=2017

I learned a lot by reading BVA decisions.....They helped me win my claims.

Edited by Berta

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use