VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Does VA Make IU W/ P&T Moot?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If veteran is getting TDIU P&T with a 90%combined rating and can't work due to his S.C. Disability's  and all the benefits that come with P&T. had this rating for 15 consecutive years.

Now He has another separate & distinct Condition and is S.C. and given a 70% rating...this would meet the SMC S 1 H.B. Criteria .

My Question

IS his IU moot Now with the extra 70% rating and was  mandatory Inferred the SMC S 1 H.B. ??? 

And given a 100% scheduler rating  with Educational Allowance. CHAP 33

How would the VA Rate his 90% combined IU? & What about the P&T ?

I flat out don't understand this?

The full gamit of DIC benefits is in our DIC forum.

The 10 year  continuous P & T or 

Any SC condition that causes ( # 1 on death certificate) or contributes to death.(# 2 on death certificate)

(which is why an autopsy can help and often an IMO is needed)

Any 1151 malpractice that contributed to death  ........all above will render DIC but it might be the biggest mountain you ever climbed.

Edited by Berta

Buck, I recently read a 2017 VA Raters Guideline directing the Rater to be sure that the New Scheduler 100% Rating, wouldn't jeopardize an IU Vet receiving SMC S (1). If it would result in the disqualification for the S (1), the IU Rating was to be continued.

Just maybe, they're really not out to screw us at every turn.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Gastone

I notice on e benefits it has me down as 100% final degree rating with P&T, after I recieve the SMC-S H.B...b/c of a separate  S.C.rating at 70%

Ok before that I had a 90% combined IU Rating with P&T  for almost 14 years (before the 70%rating)..I have had the SMC S  H.B. for about 18 months now.

I am only guess b/c I don't know for sure?  but I think they made the IU Moot and  have me rated as 100% scheduler  with/ P&T now?

On the letters you can print out to show your disability ratings  it says

Are you are rated 100%  (yes)

Are you rated P&T  (yes)

ect..ect,,, yes on all the others.

So I am not sure how they have my IU Rated? no mention of it anymore!

Guess I'll find out if they go on with wacking IU Veterans age 62 and older?

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Congress is going to figure out a way to screw us veterans  to get the  cuts the President wants or  has proposed.

I can only imagine in the near future for the ones of us on SMC -S H.B. we will be getting C&P to see if any improvements?

..for me that would be the S.C. Chronic PTSD as to which I am still in bi - weekly treatment session with a VA  L.C.S.W. (Never missed a session for 18 months ) 1st year of sessions was weekly and at times 2 xs week.

I am having a difficult time with High Anxiety & Social Fear. High Anxiety causes S.I. & Flash backs of Nam.

Night/Mares/Sweats & Sleeping Problems  although I use a  VA Prescribe C-PAP & Diagnose with Sleep Apnea by the VA Sleep Clinic . (but not S.C. for that.

I never filed a Claim for S.A. Secondary to my PTSD Medications  although I did file for E.D. and recieve the SMC-K  but 0%S.C....As which I do get the extra 103.47 month for that.

I do take medications for the sleep problem  but some times they don't work and I have problems during the night...this is why the VA L.C.S.W. and my VA Phyistrist wants me to keep taking the med's and stay in my treatment sessions.

And I have.

I would advise all Veterans with S.C. PTSD to stay in treatment sessions if your having problems with it.

Edited by Buck52