VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waco Baclog Q?

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

Per VA WACO RO......does anyone know of a source link or phone number to find out the average processing time currently to get a DRO Hearing date in Waco?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think itsa long wait atleat 12 months

You might try calling the DRO who is to hear your case and ask for an expedite, if you know who your DRO is?

I believe member Navy4life did that with waco R.O. and got moved up with in 2 months.  But when she got there for her DRO Hearing her orginal DRO was not there (on vacation)and they called in another DRO that didn't know her case  and  messed up her entire case

Buck......how do you find out what DRO has been assigned to your Hearing?  Are you saying at least 12 months from the time a NOD was filed?  I filed 14 months ago but have not heard a word since they acknowledged receiving Appeals 13 months ago.  I keep reading that Waco is one of the slowest processors in the nation.  How do you go about asking for an expedite?  I thought you had to be a hardship case like homeless, old age, or terminally ill. I am none  of those.

• HadIt.com Elder

If this is a denial decision and you timely filed your NOD AND REQUEST A DRO Hearing  usually it takeS  12 months or longer  b/c of the Waco Backlog. if no hardship case  then you just have to wait , but you can call the 1-800 # and ask about a time line for your DRO Hearing.

Now if you get a proposal to reduce &sent in NOD  you should get a letter from your R.O. to inform you of a DRO Hearing  or go on up to the BVA, DRO Hearing is usually a lot faster to decide your claim.(especially if you have new and material  favorable evidence) or any evidence not shown on record

when you get your letter  you will have 60 days to respond back to your R.O.

you can call your RO and see if a DRO has been assign to your case? is yes   request his/her name.

If its been more than a Year and you have not heard anything back call your R.O.  & Ask why this is taking so long?

Edited by Buck52