VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I'm awaiting now to schedule two C&Ps one for a skull fracture where the first doctor opined 7 years ago that the doctors from my sTBI where incorrectly dx with this because they could second guess not one but about 6 or 7 other doctors from my from my intial injury and the months that followed with rehab. It's all Bs that made me wait years to get what I should have originally have gotten 7 years ago. They are now scheduling my exam for my DVT since I was just at the doctor two months ago they wanted to check the severity. Both of these issues were just for service connection so I hope that's a good sign. Then I had two for july 6th but the provider canceled and rescheduled on the 20th of July for increases for PTSD and my TBI review since the Chronic AD doctor separated my symptoms now they want to look at the other two again. I really don't care I'm canceling I'm not going to give them anything they just made me Permanent and Total with that exam in the decision so my opinion there is no reason to waste my time driving 2 hours for nothing to gain im already 100 p and T.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Just from the appeals but my attorney want me to write a letter to withdraw like I said, but still haven't spoke to him just his secretary he's been in court all last week. I'm still curious if he struck a deal.

Sounds like he's dodging you. "In Court all Week long," really? Court doesn't start till 9 am and is done by 3 pm. He doesn't have access to a Cell or Email, please.

Have you sent him an Email regarding his recent Legal Advice? When he told you to withdraw your Appeals, did he articulate his reasoning for the Withdrawals?

Semper Fi

I didn't ask at first that's how i feel now if he doesn't respond soon I will be going to my 3 different C & Ps. He has nothing to do with my new claim so when he asked me to close it I should have asked he just said you know you can only get one rating and when the doctor seperated the symptoms that's when my PTSD and my new TBI review was ordered by the VA. At the same time I was just found Permanent and Total for both the PTSD and TBI residuals which are lumped together. I don't know if he thinks. If they are seperated that could void the P and T based on the one rating. I am just worried about losing it since my wife and kids all have VAchamp now and DEA benefits.

Was "No Future Exams Scheduled," noted on your recent (Date?) IU Award Letter?  What SC's are listed as the Nexus for your IU Rating in the Award Letter?

Are you 55+? When was your TBI sustained?

A friend age 72, IU T & P (NFES) since early 2015 due primarily to his PTSD, filed an FDC for A & A in early 16. The Denial Letter indicated that a Review of his VMC Med Recs resulted in a determination that his PTSD (SC 70% 2011) had improved from 70% to 50% SC.  The Denial Letter also stated that his IU Award would continue.

Semper Fi

Yes I was made 100% Permanent ad total with no future exams my sTBI was in 2006 when I was 20 years old. My IU is based on my TBI residuals with PTSD and now it's nature it says to never improving in my lifetime I was also given SMC S. But was denied caregiver help to my wife because I still have a drivers license and do at times drive to my doctor apts myself when she's at home with the kids, the only reason she said denied my claim. Of course the program is under investigation anyways hopefully in time before I burn my wife out. I'm 31 now and I know all to well the damage I've done to myself and others when I've attempted to work the reason the doctor wrote in a liability to all employers after he read letters from my past employers of letting me go. As I said my appeals he wants to close out and my other new claim which the doctor seperated my symptoms which is why they wanted to send me to a new TBI and ptsd review even Though my letter says no future exams. I really wanted to get the the record straight but thinking about it now my wife and family have ID card and VAchamp. I wrote the letter he asked to withdraw my claims but he didn't mention to withdraw out of the PTSD claim. Once I get that answer I'm submitting the letter I'm done obsessing and poking my claims till my head hurts of constantly worrying. I don't mind answering questions on here but I want to take care of my family before I lose something more important, which is the Memories. I am strapped and struggling with the money I get since my wife can only work part time because of me which is why I was trying to make her a caregiver. But i also filed for SSDI I know it can take awhile but currently I'm in Delaware first appeal the reconsideration. I was made P and T just a few weeks ago handed that into DDS at SSA and my attorney I was told it's expedited my claim. Now 2 months into the appeal I'm told it should be done in a few weeks fingers and legs are crossed praying for a miracle. My intial claim was upsetting because the adjudicator told me over the phone don't worry unless the SSA doctor changed my opinion and reversed my decision you'll be fine. Two days later I get the denial. All before the Va made me Permanent and Total which i hope the appealed winning  decision helps my case. I mean technically it wasn't an appeal a NOD was filed but the DRO writing the SOC changed the decision to a grant no BVA was needed the first i have ever heard of this happening. So Gastone am I right about just listening to the attorney, nothing really to gain but a lot to lose?