VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU Question, don't know whether true or not!

Rate this question

Palma114

Question

I'm currently at 90%, my representative recommended I apply for IU, for increase in service-connected disabilities, so I did, I recently had all of my C&P exams, and of course the examiner did not put down all of the correct medical info and issues that were in my medical files that were clearly available, and could have a impact in the raters decision.

As I looked over the C&P exams, I see the errors, and important medical symptoms that were left out. I informed my representative, about the C&P exam, and asked, should we get an medical opinion to correct these errors. My representative told me, the VA is not going to respond to a IMO/IME for a C&P exam that you disagree with, on an initial filed claim for IU, let's just wait and file a NOD.   (and this is in the early stage of this claim)

I have never heard of anything like that, I've always filed an IMO/Nexus, if the C&P examiner failed, to tell the whole truth or left out important medical issues. Because all of the medical evidence is clearly in my medical records. Has anybody else ever heard of this?

Edited by Palma114

2 answers to this question

This was an IU FDC correct? Have you received the Denial? You could actually get an Award, Denial or Reduction, all (3) are possible everytime you file a Claim.

How about posting redacted copies of the DBQs and point out what you believe to be errors?

Any time a Vet files a New Claim, the VA is required to look at it as a claim for an increase of all current SC's.

What are your current SCs. What conditions were the C & P's for?

Semper Fi

yes, PTSD. I have not received a decision, we just recently filed the claim for IU, we just received a copy of the C&P exam, and I was very disappointed. Because just looking it over, I can see all of the symptoms that were left off, and I truly believe, it is not going to be granted an increase.

Edited by Palma114